Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 93

Thread: Foote is horrible!

  1. #51
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,089
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Foote currently ranks 31st among all LBs for total tackles and 28th for solo tackles.
    sounds about right as Foote is an average LB, not great and certainly not horrible.

  2. #52
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Foote currently ranks 31st among all LBs for total tackles and 28th for solo tackles.
    Thanks NC.

  3. #53
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Thanks NC.
    there are about 100 starting LBers in the NFL, Larry Foote ranking in the top third in tackles doesn't help your argument that Foote is horrible.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..but it's ok. Two more losses and we are in the Manti T'eo hunt.
    I am as impressed by Te'o as anyone, but he should not even be a blip on our radar screen at this point...

    We may want to consider:

    1) A RB who will actually hold onto the ball...

    2) A deep threat WR who actually wants to catch the ball...

    3) A backup QB who can actually throw the ball...

    ...before we consider Manti Te'o...

  5. #55
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,602
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    there are about 100 starting LBers in the NFL, Larry Foote ranking in the top third in tackles doesn't help your argument that Foote is horrible.
    Dude i hope you're not even counting Olb especially in a 3-4 defense their not even designed to make tackles. You will never / rarely see Harrison or Woodley leading the team in tackles If you are , there's no need to debate with you stick to copy and pasting articles!
    Last edited by Steelhere10; 11-26-2012 at 06:50 AM.

  6. #56
    Pro Bowler Steelhere10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    man from Sudan
    Posts
    1,602
    It's also funny on a website that I respect a great amount that watches countless hours of game footage mentioned three linebackers as his winners and none of their name was Foote.

  7. #57
    Focusing on Foote’s play yesterday is akin to worrying about a pimple when you’ve just been bitten by a Black Mamba. He may be an average linebacker, but it was the offense that was utterly and entirely useless yesterday. In reality, Batch, i.e., Methuselah, looked like he was throwing wiffle balls in a wind tunnel.

  8. #58
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    It's also funny on a website that I respect a great amount that watches countless hours of game footage mentioned three linebackers as his winners and none of their name was Foote.
    I laugh out loud at this

  9. #59
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,009
    Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95 View Post
    Focusing on Foote’s play yesterday is akin to worrying about a pimple when you’ve just been bitten by a Black Mamba. He may be an average linebacker, but it was the offense that was utterly and entirely useless yesterday. In reality, Batch, i.e., Methuselah, looked like he was throwing wiffle balls in a wind tunnel.
    This is spot on. The Offense was the problem yesterday. The Defense did it's job and did it well. The fact that they held as well as they did was admirable.

  10. #60
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    20,353
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Especially when both TD's came off a 10 yard drive and a 31 yard drive after the OFFENSE fumbled in our own territory.
    Lets blame the DEFENSE!! Brilliant.
    Yup...when your team is MINUS SEVEN in turnover differential, that typically means that you lose something like 45-10.

    The fact that we were within 6 points at the end, in spite of our offense handing the opposition tremendous field position again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, meant that our defensive effort yesterday was absolutely HUGE. We had ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS being in that game at all based on how pitiful our offense was, but our defense still somehow kept us in the game until the very end. Props to everyone on our defense (including Larry Foote, who had a tremendous strip of the ball from Richardson late in the game that everyone agrees should have been rule a fumble at a crucial stage of the game).


    1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •