Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ability to ignore a poster?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I love when people get busted dealing in hypocrisy and then have to run away. It's classic.
    are you the guilty party being referred to here by any chance?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

lloyd....do you mind explaining what this means.

The reason why I asked for the ignore button is I let my emotions get the best of me and take following the Steelers way too seriously.

There are comments made by people that I cant let go (even in a public forum). After being a fan since '77 I have come to terms with the fact that the Steelers are a part of my life and its as if someone is talking crap about a family member.

The best thing is to walk away or ignore the originator of the comment before I get booted. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I love when people get busted dealing in hypocrisy and then have to run away. It's classic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post

The reason why I asked for the ignore button is I let my emotions get the best of me and take following the Steelers way too seriously.

There are comments made by people that I cant let go (even in a public forum). After being a fan since '77 I have come to terms with the fact that the Steelers are a part of my life and its as if someone is talking crap about a family member.

The best thing is to walk away or ignore the originator of the comment before I get booted. That is all.
    JJ, I wouldn't worry about it. You have been a pleasant, productive member of this community for several years now. There are some who come here to troll, take pot shots, and abuse members...it's part of the deal with message boards. Don't let their issues and mental illness discourage you from continuing here. As said by another member 95% of the guys here are good people.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    JJ, I wouldn't worry about it. You have been a pleasant, productive member of this community for several years now.
    JJ, I couldn't agree more. you are one of my favorite posters on this board because you always have something positive to contribute in every one of your posts.

it must have really taken a lot to make you react this way but hang in there my friend, you are definitely one of the good guys.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No need to go through all the troubles Hawaiinsteel, just get a PFA.

Legend

User Info Menu

Protection from Abuse?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    No need to go through all the troubles Hawaiinsteel, just get a PFA.
    Fezzy has more toys than the kid on Silver Spoons. I now just read the board to see what new toy Fezzy has next.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post

JJ, this wasn't directed at you. I was referring to a poster who constantly thumps his Bible and nearly simultaneously spews mean-spirited insults at others. When asked why he does this, he reverts to, "Oh, you thought I was insulting you? But I was just kidding." And if that happened a few times, so be it; chalk it up to whatever. But after doing this over and over, and called out on it, he then responded with using the "ignore" feature on those who called him out for it. That is what I was referring to: hypocrisy followed by a "take your ball and go home and hide." Your reasons for wanting to employ the ignore feature is one reason why it exists. I find it perfectly legit and understand where you are coming from.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    JJ, I wouldn't worry about it. You have been a pleasant, productive member of this community for several years now. There are some who come here to troll, take pot shots, and abuse members...it's part of the deal with message boards. Don't let their issues and mental illness discourage you from continuing here. As said by another member 95% of the guys here are good people.
    A perfect case of the hypocrisy I referenced.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Fezzy has more toys than the kid on Silver Spoons. I now just read the board to see what new toy Fezzy has next.

Yeah, but I never have time to enjoy them because of my bad habbit.