Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place your 2nd round pick prediction

Pro Bowler

Place your 2nd round pick prediction

NO need for explanation. Just the first and last name of the player that you believe the steelers will select in round 2.

Louis Nix
    1) CB D Dennard
    2) OLB R Shazier
    3) DE J Ellis
    4) WR M Bryant
    5a) OG D Yankey
    5b) OLB J Tripp
    6a) RB D Archer
    6b) NT D McCullers
    7) WR J Janis

Banned
    Do we really need another 2nd round thread ? I mean we have a few already!

Sheesh!

Hall of Famer
    kyle van noy

you can never have enough linebackers

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthteller View Post
    Do we really need another 2nd round thread ? I mean we have a few already!

Sheesh!
    Mine is DIFFERENT!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Mine is DIFFERENT!

Yeah but one cannot make a informed prediction til we see how the round starts to go. We can all say who we would LIKE...but that is not the same thing.

Legend
    I don't know who it will be but I know the whiners will cry about it

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    Louis Nix
    I concur, my good man.

By the way, I only called you "my good man" because simply writing "I concur" was too few characters. :P

46. Pittsburgh Steelers - Stephon Tuitt DE/DT, Notre Dame

No one predicted that the Steelers would take Ryan Shazier with the 15th pick. It was definitely a curve ball, or was it? The Steelers have shown time and time again that they adhere to certain draft tendencies. Regardless of how we in Steelers Nation fell they should go about addressing their needs the Steelers don't spend early picks on CB's. Sure they could have taken Kyle Fuller had he been available but we will never really know. We do know that even though they appeared to have legitimate interest in Darqueze Dennard they bypassed him to upgrade the front seven of the defense which is something we know they like to do. Having said that it's likely that the Steelers will choose between Ra'Shede Hageman, Louis Nix, and Stephon Tuitt as long as on of them are available. As of right now there is a gaping hole on the defensive line that is currently expected to be filled by a free agent reserve lineman used to playing nose tackle. While another position like WR will be enticing (Donte Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews) the simple fact is that the Steelers prefer to use mid round picks on there as well. Plus with the signings of DHB and Lance Moore there really isn't room on the roster for another WR.

Stephon Tuitt is practically tailor-made to play DE in a 3-4 defense. CBS Sports says it best, "Highly athletic frame despite massive size. Impressive combination of length, power and surprising quickness... possessing the size of most interior linemen while maintaining the quickness to provide a rush off the edge." The downside is that his junior season didn't come close to matching his previous season. Following hernia surgery Tuitt came into the season in terrible shape and it affected him the entire season. That could also come as a blessing in disguise because prior to his junior season Tuitt was projected to go in the top 15-20 so to get him here would be a steal.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...nd-third-round

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    I predict it'll be the worst selection ever & the guy likely to get somebody fired. Until they are good, that is.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Allen Robinson
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.