Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bookends/Dynamic defensive duos!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Simon reminds me of Aaron Smith...bring your lunch pale kinda guy...tough as nails.
    Agreed. Check out UCLA's Cassius Marsh and USC's Morgan Breslin. They fit that mold too.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah Shawn this time next year I maybe doing one of my, "Steelers need to trade their entire draft", to move up and get Shazier. Loved watching Boren today.
    I think Shazier has special talent...talent that only comes along every few years in the draft. He is growing into being as good as he is talented. I see him as a splash playmaker...a Troy kinda guy who can make plays all over the field and disrupt. A team will build a D around him.

As for Boren, obviously less upside...doesn't move east/west as smoothly as I would like in an ILB. With that said, he has been one of my favorite Buckeyes for years due to his physical play...loved him at FB. He blows people up. He has filled in nicely at ILB...and seems to have a nose for the ball. He is more than physical enough to fulfill a traditional thumper role. He is a great tackler. Looked a little awkward in coverage but seemed to have enough speed to hang. I see a team taking a chance on him in the 4th. I hope the Steelers are that team because I think he can develop.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bump!!!

I called this 2 years ago. Shawn was singing a different tune about Shazier two years ago. He should have stayed with his original thoughts about him being a top 15.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Singing the same tune. Why do you think I hate Shazier because I have concerns about him? Shazier has Troy like playmaking ability...but isn't a polished ILB...nor a guy who has proven he can play at NFL weight.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Noted .