Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone still Questioning Antonio Brown's Value to this Offense?

Legend

User Info Menu

I hear ya Chad. My fear is that Wallace's game is based almost entirely on speed. His hands are average, his routes...eh. But, he might be the fastest player in the NFL. When motivated he is certainly productive. But, my fear is that he won't be able to play at this kind of level without that speed...and who knows how much longer he will have it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    who is on the Pro-Sanders team?
    I'm rooting for Sanders to be the best of the 3. I like em all, but Manny's the one that does the little things on every play to try to make the team better. I like the players that separate themselves with their effort and Manny's the effort guy of the trio. Certainly not the most talented by any means, but the NFL has never been about pure talent.

These guys are all talented in their own way. And none of them are really that helpful in the redzone. Wally's speed is negated. Brown's explosion and hands could be an asset, but they haven't been used. Manny's precise route running and ability to find a hole in a zone aren't being that utilized either. I do think if Manny could get on the field more in the redzone, he's got a knack for helping us score TDs. It's why he's able to get open on 3rd downs just like Heath and Hines used to do for us.

As much as I like these guys, the redzone has been a real issue. Scoring TDs has been holding this team back for years. And that's why I have throw another TE as my first round pick in almost every draft since we've picked Heath. Others have wanted a big WR for the same reason. Even Ben practically begged for it.

None of this trio is really going to make a difference in the redzone like a 6'5" WR or TE would. I'd like another Heath. I'm pretty excited to see what Plax has left in him.

I dunno what the Steelers can/can't afford to pay guys. I want to somehow keep em all. Especially the good ones.

Wally is one of the good ones. He drives me nuts when he takes plays off. But so did Randy Moss. So while he does drive me bonkers some times, I realize he's got to take plays off to maximize the use of his speed. On the flip side, he's not giving effort on some plays he could be making. Maybe there's a 99% chance he wouldn't make some of those plays, but I'd still rather see him give 100% effort just in case. It's the same as a guy running to first in baseball even when he's surely grounded out. You just never know.

And I think Manny gets that at his core. And that's why Flippy is on Team Manny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    holy flawed argument. Lol.

jerry rice and randy moss in theiir prime would have struggled to get catches with leftwich under center. I love AB, but to say he is the reason the offense has been putrid for 6 quarters is laughable. Its the QB that's out that is causing the problem.

just another attempt by the anti-wallace crowd to push their agenda.
    So what you are saying is Ben is the only QB on the team that can take advantage of Wallace's speed?,, meh. Equally flawed argument. If the only one that can complete a pass to Wallace is Ben being Ben, then that tells me something as well. Let's see how he does today with Joe Haden covering him all day.
    BTW, not anti-Wallace, just feel he hasn't elevated his game as much as he could, especially when the Steelers can use him most.

Legend

User Info Menu

if wallace leaves next year how are we ever going to replace his one catch for 9 yards and caused interception?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    if wallace leaves next year how are we ever going to replace his one catch for 9 yards and caused interception?
    Or two game winning plays against the Giants and Kansas City...Just sayin

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So what you are saying is Ben is the only QB on the team that can take advantage of Wallace's speed?,, meh. Equally flawed argument. If the only one that can complete a pass to Wallace is Ben being Ben, then that tells me something as well.
    that is exactly what I'm saying. And that's exactly what we saw today.

Don't see how that's flawed at all.