Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians takes shot at Tomlin, Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians takes shot at Tomlin, Steelers

Arians takes shot at Tomlin, Steelers?

November 21st, 2012
    Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

Former Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is enjoying a successful run as Indianapolis’ offensive coordinator and interim head coach.

Just 10 months ago, Arians retired … or sort of. Remember this:

“Bruce Arians has informed me that he will retire from coaching,” Coach Mike Tomlin said in a statement issued in late January.

Well, as we found out soon after that Arians did not retire, and later was hired by the Colts.

Well, Arians took a little shot at the Steelers and Tomlin when asked on Wednesday what he’s thankful for this year.

“I am thankful for the Pittsburgh Steelers letting me go to be here,” Arians told Phil Richards of the Indianapolis Star. “Truthfully, I couldn’t think of a better place to be at this point in time and to have felt more needed probably in my entire life. So, thank you Pittsburgh.”

Zinger!

[URL]http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/11/21/arians-takes-shot-at-tomlin-steelers/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's a "shot" ??? That's not a shot. Ask Plaxico.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was a lousy OC and on top of it, he has just proved he has no class. Who's the worse NFL team and for how long ? You can argue the Browns have been but, if you asked any of their fans I bet you 95% would say they still wouldn't want that chump Arians with their team.
    We won despite that chuckle head. It takes a Peyton, Ben, Andrew to make that clown look half decent. Any success he has, it's due to the top talent QB's he has at his side.
    Put Arians with the Browns, Cheifs, Lions, Cowboys or any team without a Super Star QB and their record or improvement will remain the same if it doesn't get worse and it probably will egt worse.
    Screw Arians, he robbed us of more Super Bowl titles in my opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Told you guys many years ago that he was a lousy coach, etc. My buddy from high school had him as his HC at Temple many years ago and had very few kind words for the dude. Not surprised by his comments. He never should have been hired by the Steelers in the 1st place!
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

BA got fired...sent packing and he is taking a passive aggressive shot at his former employer. Nothing really to see here...just people being people.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Total lack of class on Arian's part talking bad about the Steelers. It's not like the Steeler Nation would ever do that to him...oh wait! As Shawn said, it's just peoplebeing people. Arians knows that fans here wrongly treated him like the anti-Christ so it's natural now that he is doing well he gives an "in your face"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that retort was about as clever as his offensive game planning.........

pedestrian, unimaginative and predictable.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That was supposed to be a "shot?" LOL Some people have really thin skin to think that was a shot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    That was supposed to be a "shot?" LOL Some people have really thin skin to think that was a shot.
    Exactly - I'd call it more of a tongue in cheek comment. Nothing to make any kind of deal over.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What he's saying now is a direct product of the Colt's unexpected success...if he was losing more, you can bet he wouldn't be saying a thing. It is unfortunate but not unexpected that he's taking a shot at the organization who employed & tolerated him for so long, but it does give credence that Ben protected him more than we ever thought. I do believe that he had had enough of things here & was ready to "retire", especially since I don't believe that Tomlin or the FO would just make that up because it's so easy to refute & give the Rooney's a black-eye. That said, he does deserve credit for jumping in as HC under some unusual circumstances & doing well...but we all know that it won't last - especially in the playoffs.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...