Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Gameballs

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,866

    Gameballs

    Gotta give gameballs to:

    E. Sanders - actually got open against the defense, made some good catches when all other WRs were silent.

    R. Clark - brought it again today as he does almost every game. Outstanding plays in run support against Richardson, who is not an easy guy to bring down.

    L. Timmons - I have dogged him in the past, but Timmons played a great game today.

    D. Butler - had some good hang time and made Cribbs a non-factor.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,436
    Heath.....

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,997
    Gameball?
    No one on that field today deserves a game ball.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Gotta give gameballs to:

    E. Sanders - actually got open against the defense, made some good catches when all other WRs were silent.

    R. Clark - brought it again today as he does almost every game. Outstanding plays in run support against Richardson, who is not an easy guy to bring down.

    L. Timmons - I have dogged him in the past, but Timmons played a great game today.

    D. Butler - had some good hang time and made Cribbs a non-factor.
    Agreed...plus Heath.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    I thought Worilds stood out.

    Harrison is stacking some good performances which is nice.

    Keisel's been on a steady rise throughout the year.

    And I'd give Plax a shout out for coming in off the street and being old and representing himself well. Its gonna pay dividends in the future even if he's a decoy because teams will come up with a way to cover him because of his size.

  6. #6
    There were definitely some good efforts on display out along with some really crappy ones.

    Heath, Timmons, Keisel, Clark, Worilds, (most of the defense really) and I thought Butler did well. Although Timmons got burnt on that first pass and on the INT, had it not been tipped by Keisel he probably would have been burnt again.

    The thought the Browns best players today were Mendenhall, Dwyer, Redman, and Batch.

    Too bad we cut Baron Batch to pick up Hoyer, he wouldn't have fumbled.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I thought Worilds stood out.

    Harrison is stacking some good performances which is nice.

    Keisel's been on a steady rise throughout the year.

    And I'd give Plax a shout out for coming in off the street and being old and representing himself well. Its gonna pay dividends in the future even if he's a decoy because teams will come up with a way to cover him because of his size.
    Agree with Worilds, Harrison and Keisel, but not Plax. He failed to make a catch on an admittedly poorly thrown ball, but he should have come up with it. On the INT, he ran a sloppy route.

  8. #8
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,806
    Timmons is Digest Player of the Week

    Bob Labriola
    Steelers Digest

    When a team is playing a game on the road with its No. 3 quarterback, itís going to need big plays in other phases to compensate. The Steelers got one of those plays from the combined efforts of Brett Keisel and Lawrence Timmons.

    On the gameís first third-down situation, Keisel got his hands up to tip a pass from Brandon Weeden, and Timmons tracked down the ball, intercepted it, and returned it 53 yards for a touchdown. Adding in a team-leading 10 tackles, and Timmons is the Steelers Digest Player of the week.

    Also considered were James Harrison, who had nine tackles and a sack; Ryan Clark, who had nine tackles; and Emmanuel Sanders, who caught five passes for 75 yards.

    http://www.steelers.com/news/article...f-3aab6819d542

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Agree with Worilds, Harrison and Keisel, but not Plax. He failed to make a catch on an admittedly poorly thrown ball, but he should have come up with it. On the INT, he ran a sloppy route.
    On the ball his missed, that might have been an impossible catch. But it did show me he can still get open. I'll give him a pass on the routes, timing, little things given he hasn't played in nearly a year after nearly 3 years off.

    He showed me he can still get open despite being old. When he gets into game shape, he's gonna be a real threat.

  10. #10
    Game ball goes to ... oh, never mind, we don't have any game balls left, we gave them all to the Browns.


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •