Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Buress can produce?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

While I'd be happily surprised, I really doubt Burress will produce much.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

agreed.
    This is a 3 week deal.
    Prolly help is in the red zone for the crap starting QB we have for the next few weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Buress is a young 35. He doesn't play the game the way Hines played it. He avoids contact and rarely goes over the middle. Plus he had a 2 year vacation....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    look at his production last year
    Okay, last season, at age 34, Plaxico had 45 catches for 612 yards and 8 touchdowns.

So what...in 2010, at age 34, Hines had 59 catches for 755 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Then when he turned 35, Hines' production dropped to 46 catches for 381 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Since we only have Plax for the final 6 games instead of a whole season, we'll be lucky if we get half that production from Plax the rest of the way (23 catches for 190 yards and a touchdown).

I trust Cotchery more than Plax at this stage of their respective careers, and we've only gotten 11 catches for 136 yards out of Jerricho so far this year. Of course, Cotchery has been our #4 WR most of the season, and Plax should be our #3 WR while Brown and Cotchery are out, so perhaps he gets a few more opportunities thrown his way in the short term, but I foresee maybe 3-4 catches for 30-something yards per game out for Burress for the time being. Nothing earth-shattering. A role player for us while we are short-handed.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Buress is a young 35. He doesn't play the game the way Hines played it. He avoids contact and rarely goes over the middle. Plus he had a 2 year vacation....
    Of course, you could also argue that Brett Keisel and James Harrison are both a young 34 (since neither guy became a starter until his 5th season in the league), but both guys seem to be a fraction of what they used to be in their respective primes. Time catches up with everyone.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.