Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decastro cleared to practice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Decastro cleared to practice

Decastro has been cleared to practice. Team has 3 weeks to decide whether to add him to the 53 man roster or ir him for good this year. Tough call.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/21/david-decastro-returns-to-practice/[/url]

The Steelers may be running low on quarterbacks, but they got an offensive lineman back at practice on Wednesday.
    Guard [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7412/david-decastro"]David DeCastro[/URL], their first-round pick in April, has been cleared to return to practice. DeCastro has been out since tearing his MCL and doing other damage to his right knee in one of Pittsburgh’s preseason games. He was placed on injured reserve with the designation to return after final cuts and has been eligible to return to practice for several weeks.

Now that he has returned to practice, the team has three weeks to decide whether or not to move him back to the active roster. Until they do, DeCastro does not count against the 53-man roster so there’s no need for a corresponding move. If they don’t, he’ll revert to injured reserve for the rest of the year.

DeCastro was immediately pencilled into the starting lineup when the team selected him and he’ll likely get a chance to win back the job if he’s healthy. [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5527/ramon-foster"]Ramon Foster[/URL]’s done a good job at right guard, though, so DeCastro probably won’t get it just for showing up in a uniform. At the very least, having him healthy would improve the options available should there be an injury down the line up front for the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

PAh, I just put up the same in a thread.. I'll take mine down....You beat me by a minute or 2..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    PAh, I just put up the same in a thread.. I'll take mine down....You beat me by a minute or 2..
    I was surprised nobody had posted it yet.
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-21-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If he can practice, that is great news. I say add him to the roster if he can play; you just know we will have another OLman go down. Colon always gets injured. If he is cleared to practice does that mean he is pretty much fully healed? They wouldn't have him practice unless he was whole, right?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Means he's medically cleared to practice. They have up to 3 weeks to evaluate him and make a decision. Basically means he can practice for 3 weeks without us having to cut anyone.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he's healthy, get him in the lineup and ready for the playoffs. DD will take the running game to the next level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If he can practice, that is great news. I say add him to the roster if he can play; you just know we will have another OLman go down. Colon always gets injured. If he is cleared to practice does that mean he is pretty much fully healed? They wouldn't have him practice unless he was whole, right?
    if he's cleared to practice then the trainers must feel that he's fully healed. and if DeCastro is healthy, of course you put him back on the active roster.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    if he's cleared to practice then the trainers must feel that he's fully healed. and if DeCastro is healthy, of course you put him back on the active roster.
    I agree, if he's healthy it's a no brainer.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    what he said

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I disagree Shawn, there is healthy, and there is game ready.....I'll give you an example.

I am healthy........

I am not game ready!!