Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FO Fail?

Legend

User Info Menu

FO Fail?

The Steelers are facing the real possibility that they may have to finish the season with an off-the-street QB. In my view, that represents a real front office fail! The Steelers are one of the few teams that enter a season with only 2 QBs.
    The question is, the staff knows from history that Batch is an injury-in-waiting at any given moment. But how did they get the idea that Leftwich could last for any length of time?? We fans seem to have sensed it, how could the coaches not? Shame on the front office for jeopardizing what could have been a good season of redemption for the Steelers. They need one of these developmental QBs to stick with the team. Sure, the season likely is over if a third string QB has to start, but having to search the street for a mid season game smacks of poor planning by the Steeler front office.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers are facing the real possibility that they may have to finish the season with an off-the-street QB. In my view, that represents a real front office fail! The Steelers are one of the few teams that enter a season with only 2 QBs.
    we entered the season with Ben, Lefty and Batch...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we entered the season with Ben, Lefty and Batch...

my bad.. but before yesterday's game nobody felt like Leftwich or Batch would make it through a complete game. Again, if we dumb fans could sense it, I have to believe the coaches were equally concerned. They need to face the fact that they rolled the dice one too many seasons sticking with 'the old guys'.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you didn't realize that Batch was our 3rd string QB, 10 games into the season then how can we take anything you type seriously.
    You were joking,right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    If you didn't realize that Batch was our 3rd string QB, 10 games into the season then how can we take anything you type seriously.
    You were joking,right?
    reality was many wanted Batch cut prior to the season while keeping Johnson as developmental. the feeling was that the Steelers could sign Batch in a pinch knowing no team would have picked him up, thus they could have experience waiting in the wings while also having a strong, young guy that had a chance to make the team. If they would have followed that strategy, they would be making a call to Batch this week, WHILE ALSO HAVING A YOUNG GUY THAT HAD SOME FAMILIARITY WITH THE OFFENSE should Batch not get through the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Really?? Many thought that the Steelers depth at QB was one of the best in the league as they had not one, but two former NFL starters on the squad backing up Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Really?? Many thought that the Steelers depth at QB was one of the best in the league as they had not one, but two former NFL starters on the squad backing up Ben.
    not what some of yinz said:

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/38273-Would-You?highlight=backup+2012[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    not what some of yinz said:

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/38273-Would-You?highlight=backup+2012[/URL]
    You can find all kinds of opinions out there. The point is that many considered the Steelers deep at the QB position due to the experience factor.

Legend

User Info Menu

You can find all kinds of opinions out there. The point is that many considered the Steelers deep at the QB position due to the experience factor.
    Yes... also an opinion.

Hindsight is 20-20. Leftwich isn't exactly old, but big questions surrounded his and Batch's durability. The Steelers were hoping for the best and maybe felt good about their QBs given their cap situation and renewed emphasis on short passing game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not me. I think and thought they are both walking injuries. Batch should be a coach. I have had a QB in my last 4 mock drafts but always revised them out because either they were not black or we wouldn't draft one anyway. Jerrod Johnson should of been kept with Batch moving to a coaching gig.