Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Brian Hoyer signs...

  1. #31
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...and Ben is on the sideline and we don't know if he will even play again this season. So much for chemistry.
    BINGO!! We also don't know how long AB and Cotch will be out. For all we know, Plax will be gone by the time Ben comes back.

  2. #32
    Plax was said to be in excellent condition and picked things up very quickly. Hoyer should pick up enough of the offense to be useful. He apparently has a quick release and a pretty strong arm. You Tube has a short 8 second clip on him throwing a TD pass vs Miami in wk 17 2010 and he lets it go from either the 45 or 50 yd line and hits the receiver 5yds deep in the EZ.

    I think both will be ready for this weeks game and both will see action.

    TS will practice today. DeCastro will also practice. There should be some telling videos on all three players on TS official site by Friday night. Hopefully, those quite lengthy videos will not be all blah blah blah!

  3. #33
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post

    I think both will be ready for this weeks game and both will see action.
    I hope the only action Hoyer sees is holding a clipboard.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I hope the only action Hoyer sees is holding a clipboard.
    I do see your point. I was thinking more along the lines of some late 4thQ mop up duty with the game in hand. Uhh! Not really.

  5. #35
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    I do see your point. I was thinking more along the lines of some late 4thQ mop up duty with the game in hand. Uhh! Not really.
    The only way Hoyer sees action is if Batch is hurt and we are down to one QB...again!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #36
    I would almost rather take my chances with Hoyer than Batch. I'm afraid Batch is going to break a hip.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I would almost rather take my chances with Hoyer than Batch. I'm afraid Batch is going to break a hip.
    That is always a possibility. Then we would be forced to play a young QB with a limited time in the offense.

    There is another thread going on now called FO Fail. It mostly dealt with the keeping of both aging QB's and letting the promising Jerrod Johnson go.

    Very early in that thread I was going to reply also questioning why he was cut and then not even considered for the practice squad. I even went so far as to say I truly believed had they kept him the Steelers would have won last weeks game. But I did not submit the post.

    Then as it turned out I was really surprised how many fans also were not thrilled with letting JJ go. At least by now he would certainly know the playbook.

    Anyway the reason I did not submit the post was 1. I could not remember which one of the other QB's were not in my final 53 and 2. I figured there must have been something in JJ's game I missed. Considering he did not even get on the practice squads of any other team either. But, frankly I have no idea what this flaw could have been. Anyone know?

    As it turns out this Hoyer signing is probably a very good move. He at least has faced NFL defenses. Even though in really late game mop ups but still?

    Earlier this season both Phillyesq and me too very strongly liked that Nick Foles from the Eagles. I even went so far as to say the best thing that could happen to the Eagles was for Vick to get dinged. But when confronted with NFL defenses Foles really struggled. [being polite]

    Anyway if needed at least Hoyer has faced NFL defenses in the past.

    btw: Phillyesq if you read this post , don't feel lonesome. We were in good company on Foles. Jimmy Johnson said the same thing on TV and I think picked the Eagles to win Sunday.

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,977
    I keep thinking about how we had Willie Williams come back to the team and we went to and won a Super Bowl that season. I hope the same Karma generates with Plax returning.
    As for this QB weve just signed, I hope we don't need to find out too soon what his abilities are but, I hope he is good enough that the coaches see something in him and that he could be a quality backup if ever needed.

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    That is always a possibility. Then we would be forced to play a young QB with a limited time in the offense.

    There is another thread going on now called FO Fail. It mostly dealt with the keeping of both aging QB's and letting the promising Jerrod Johnson go.

    Very early in that thread I was going to reply also questioning why he was cut and then not even considered for the practice squad. I even went so far as to say I truly believed had they kept him the Steelers would have won last weeks game. But I did not submit the post.

    Then as it turned out I was really surprised how many fans also were not thrilled with letting JJ go. At least by now he would certainly know the playbook.

    Anyway the reason I did not submit the post was 1. I could not remember which one of the other QB's were not in my final 53 and 2. I figured there must have been something in JJ's game I missed. Considering he did not even get on the practice squads of any other team either. But, frankly I have no idea what this flaw could have been. Anyone know?

    As it turns out this Hoyer signing is probably a very good move. He at least has faced NFL defenses. Even though in really late game mop ups but still?

    Earlier this season both Phillyesq and me too very strongly liked that Nick Foles from the Eagles. I even went so far as to say the best thing that could happen to the Eagles was for Vick to get dinged. But when confronted with NFL defenses Foles really struggled. [being polite]

    Anyway if needed at least Hoyer has faced NFL defenses in the past.

    btw: Phillyesq if you read this post , don't feel lonesome. We were in good company on Foles. Jimmy Johnson said the same thing on TV and I think picked the Eagles to win Sunday.
    I really like the Hoyer pick up. He comes from a system that gets the most they can out of players and he spent four years with probably one of the best QBs in NFL history. The Patriots offense is very much like what Haley is installing here. If he knew the playbook Hoyer might be a better option than Batch this weekend.

    I guess I was less impressed with Jerod Johnson than many on the board. He played well against guys who aren't in the NFL anymore, but did he really impress as someone who could hold down the position for 2-3 games. I think Hoyer is more that type of QB.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #40
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Way better than he is being given credit for. Especially with Mark Sanchez tossing him the ball.
    Bingo... ....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •