View Poll Results: Do you like that the Steelers brought Plaxico Burress back?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way; the Steelers just shot themselves in the foot.

2 5.88%
  • Yes, we needed depth at WR and he's experienced.

23 67.65%
  • Maybe; let's see what he does or doesn't do on the field first.

9 26.47%

Thread: Poll: Do you like that the Steelers brought Plaxico Burress back?

Legend

User Info Menu

Poll: Do you like that the Steelers brought Plaxico Burress back?

Do you like that the Steelers brought Plaxico Burress back?

No way; the Steelers just shot themselves in the foot.

Yes, we needed depth at WR and he's experienced.

Maybe; let's see what he does or doesn't do on the field first.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If he makes us a better team in the red zone then yes. Otherwise we have guys with more potential that we could have used.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

I'm hoping it lights a fire under wallace and shows him if he doesn't step up he's expendable.

Legend

User Info Menu

They should have just brought Toney Clemons off the practice squad. Burress was terrible last year and will be terrible for us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I wanted to vote:

Yes, this is the shot in the leg this team needed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They should have just brought Toney Clemons off the practice squad. Burress was terrible last year and will be terrible for us.
    If anyone gets being over the top for effect, I'm with you. But I don't see how anyone can say 45 catches, 600 yards, and 8 TDs is terrible for anyone, let alone a guy who is old and hadn't played football for 3 years while he was locked up.

And on top of it, he was playing with one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

Even though Plax is slow and can't get separation, teams are still gonna need to double him if they want to stop him because of his size. Especially in the redzone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lets see what happens with him b/f we pass judgement. With no teams wanting to extend him an offer he may be playing with a little bit of a grudge (that's good!). He's also playing for a contract. I think it has the potential to be a very good move by the front office.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I say its a good move.

Steelers needed some help at WR position with injuries to AB84 and JCotchery. I don' think Sanders is AB or MW yet.

Practice Squad WR corp don't impress me.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe having a guy who's life went down the crapper after he left will help convince Wallace to stay for a reasonable price...of course PB did win a Superbowl. Can we bring Holmes back to council Wallace?

Backup

User Info Menu

The Steelers jumped the gun on this one....

We needed a WR because of injuries....It can't hurt having him here....He had a pretty decent year last year with a bad QB. He may become a red zone threat for this team.

On the other hand, he has been sitting for 11 weeks of the season without any other of the 32 teams interested in signing him....