Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: if this wr is available in FA next year, how much should we pay him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Unless you want to solidify our picking in the first 15 picks of next years draft, that makes no sense whatsoever. We still have a hope to make the play offs so while I think Wallace has been an idiot throughout this contract process, I'm all for using Mike Wallace up as much as we can. Can't do that if he is on the sideline in a sweatsuit.

i agree. i said as soon as we are out of the playoffs, although i really dont think he factors much into how we finish. he isnt doing much to help us win.
    Last edited by squidkid; 11-21-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i agree. i said as soon as we are out of the playoffs, although i really dont think he factors much into how we finish. he isnt doing much to help us win.
    let's see, we beat KC 16-13 and Mike Wallace scored our only TD in that game.

nah, Wallace isn't doing much to help us win...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

yup, and i still do
    And it's even more despicable (if that's even possible) that you still hold that stance now as opposed to it being just some sudden emotional in-the-moment reaction at the time. I don't wish injury on players on our hated rivals such as Ray Lewis or Tom Brady...never mind players on my own favorite team! Whatever, man...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

yup, and i still do
    Verry classy post. And we belittle the Raven, Bengal, Brown fan for what they are.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

His performance in this game is nauseating. Another assisted INT for Money.

Legend

User Info Menu

hey look at the effort he gave today. let's give him more than 10+
    his effort really deserves my respect and support. he cares about me and the team by giving it his all

Starter

User Info Menu

everyone on a public discussion board should have their own opinion. What would be the point if this was not the case. It is deliberately wishing injury on a player that is bush league IMO in any forum.

I just dont know how you could watch the game and want to see your own get injured.

hey look at the effort he gave today. let's give him more than 10+
    his effort really deserves my respect and support. he cares about me and the team by giving it his all

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here's the thing - though he wants to be paid like one, he's not a difference maker like a Randy Moss or T.O., he's more complimentary & needs a strong WR underneath like AB to force defenses to play him more honest...think Isaac Bruce. Considering where he wants to be paid, & AB & Sanders' development, I don't think he's worth committing so much of our Salary Cap to, especially considering the situation come the off-season.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post
    everyone on a public discussion board should have their own opinion. What would be the point if this was not the case. It is deliberately wishing injury on a player that is bush league IMO in any forum.

I just dont know how you could watch the game and want to see your own get injured.
    he's not 'my own'. he doesnt want to be steeler. he's not displaying the attributes that i expect out of 'my steelers'. i dont expect everyone to be superstars and not make mistakes, but when you purposely put forth no effort to help my team win, i dont give a **** what happens to you.