Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if this wr is available in FA next year, how much should we pay him?

Legend

User Info Menu

if this wr is available in FA next year, how much should we pay him?

31st in receptions
    36th in yards
    60th in average per catch
    12th in td's
    52nd in 20+ yd receptions
    46th in YPG
    2nd in fumbles
    41st in YAC
    59th in catches for 1st downs
    27th in targets

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We shouldn't and we won't sign Mike Wallace, even if he wants a Antonio Brown-level contract. His effort is not worthy of a top dollar contract, no way, no how.

Legend

User Info Menu

we'll probably offer him the same contract he refused to sign this year and he will probably refuse again in search of Vincent Jackson type money.

and he'll probably find it, only takes one team like the Raiders or Redskins to overpay...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

How much would you pay for a guy who is 5th in yards and 7th in TDs? Because it's the same guy, just a different system and different year.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's worth about $2.7M.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    How much would you pay for a guy who is 5th in yards and 7th in TDs? Because it's the same guy, just a different system and different year.

Do you think we are getting a new Off Coord next year and implementing a new "Wallace friendly" system? The Wallace we see in the system this year would be the Wallace in the system next year. That is why he is worth the fair offer he was offered this past summer and not more. Haley isn't all of the sudden going to start chucking 40-50 yard passes because of Wallace. We fired the guy who did that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He's worth about $2.7M.
    IMO he is worth $8-9M just like we offered him. Not more and not less. I just don't see how we have even that much. I think there was one $8M+ contract available in the plan and Wallace got first chance at it and balked at it and Brown jumped at it. As they say, the rest is history!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    He's worth about $2.7M.
    He's not even worth that right now. Not basing it on the most recent play and attitude. He stinks. If he just tries, we win last game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He's not even worth that right now. Not basing it on the most recent play and attitude. He stinks. If he just tries, we win last game.
    Remember the Bible story about Samson who lost all his strength when his hair was cut? Maybe Wallace lost his abilities when he got his mohawk cut off. Clark's been playing good with the Mohawk.

C'Mon Wally, it's time to Rock the Hawk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Has anyone here ever had turmoil at work, felt like they were being paid less than they deserved, had an uncertain future with their company?

It tends to affect your focus, whether you are committed to doing your job or not. I fully believe that if Wallace signs a contract with the Steelers before next season, one that is agreed to by both sides, that these brain farts will disappear.