Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heinz Field or Home Game Experience

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Think my brother (pittsfan201) has been to 11 or 12
    That's some dedication going all the way from NY. I love hearing the stories of guys that can make the trip to so many games from so far like your bro, RB, and others.

If I was a player, I'd play harder for folks traveling so far to see me play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just like Plaxico, you're one lucky son of a gun.

Wonder who's been to the most playoff games on the board? I've been to 0.
    I've been to every home playoff game since I've had season tickets (got 'em when Heinz opened in 2001), so I've seen them play Baltimore and New England in 2001, Cleveland in 2002, New York and New England in 2004, Jacksonville in 2007, San Diego and Baltimore in 2008, and Baltimore and New York in 2010. That's 10 playoff games at Heinz (7 wins, 3 losses).

I've been to two playoff games at Three Rivers before that, and unfortunately, they were both losses (to Buffalo in 1992 and to San Diego in 1994). However, that gets balanced out quite well by attending two Super Bowl victories (against Seattle in 2005 in Detroit and against Arizona in 2008 in Tampa).

That makes 14 playoff games total for me, with an overall record of 9-5 (and, yes, I am one lucky bastage).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think I was so bummed by that game I didn't realize you didn't get there. You may have jinxed us by not attending.
    Well then organize a collection to pay my way next time! (kidding...kidding)...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hey guys, been to 9 playoff games at Heinz field ... 3 of those being AFC championship games.. Been to both super bowl wins ,Arizona super bowl was on my 30th birthday and about 8 months after my mother passed away so I had to go, and was simply the best time of my life.... There is nothing like watching a steelers home playoff game at Heinz field, the excitement and views from any seat in the stadium is great... Got back yesterday and that ravens game was close to it

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Been to both 3 Rivers and Heinz many times, but more so when I lived in PA. (Now down here in FL, today's conditions 69 and sunny. Been to 3 AFC Championship games, including the 1995 Colts game, which was 100% insane, since we kept coming so close each year only to fall, like vs. SD the year before, where, by some ESP trait, I just knew I didn't want to go to that game and was so glad I did not, as that one was a kick in the stones, bad.)

They just did a story on this on ESPN today, where they were analyzing on why people were starting to not go to games, citing comfort, improved TV quality, following fantasy football (harder to do when at a game but a smart phone can easily do the trick, so that can't be too much of the reason why.)

I do think going to some live games actually makes you enjoy watching games on TV MORE. Why? Because you have a better sense of what is really happening there, since you can reference your live experience. That being said, I do not desire to attend as many live games as I once did. There are many factors. But for one, I have no earthly desire to do a 3-4 hour tailgate session. I only enjoy that for about 1 hour these days. No marathon beer drinking required - I just don't desire that or feel it is enjoyable. Also, rocking a 60" HD 1080 with NFL Ticket sure is fun. I am kind of bummed that I don't need to even have the NFL Ticket to see Steeler games much this season (only 6 1:00 games all year). But I still do enjoy being able to watch any game that's being played at my finger tips. But if I lived in Pgh, I would probably go to a few live games a year, but living in FL, that isn't the case. If they had any home play off games, I might come up for that. Bottom line, going to some live games makes the fandom all that much more fun. The memories of some of those games are great. We were sitting in endzone seats at that Colts AFCC game and we thought he the Colt caught that ball when the clock read 00:00. We went from wanting to throw up, to complete joy - hugging strangers, high fiving everyone you walked by; it was like a world war was over and we won. That was just insane.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Ive been to 5 AFC Championship games and 2 regular playoff games and it's undescribable when you look at the sea of terrible towels and then RENEGADE plays.
    I almost friggin fainted at the Cleveland playoff game with Maddox when FU ran it in.
    I also cried when SD beat us
    Cool story. I also cried when I was there to see the Steelers beat the Colts in the 1995 AFC Championship game.