Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baron Batch & Marshall McFadden waived to make room for Plaxico Burress & Brian Hoyer

Legend

User Info Menu

Baron Batch & Marshall McFadden waived to make room for Plaxico Burress & Brian Hoyer

Ben Roethlisberger doubtful, but Steelers “encouraged” by his status
    Posted by Josh Alper on November 20, 2012, 2:47 PM EST

The Steelers signed quarterback Brian Hoyer on Tuesday, which sent a pretty good sign that neither Ben Roethlisberger nor Byron Leftwich will be healthy enough to play this Sunday.

Coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that later in the day when he ruled out Leftwich and termed Roethlisberger doubtful to play against the Browns. Tomlin had some better news in terms of Roethlisberger’s overall recovery from the rib and shoulder injuries that kept him out of the Week 11 loss to the Ravens.

“He had an additional test done today and all things are very positive in terms of where he is,” Tomlin said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “We’re encouraged about his status.”

Tomlin also provided updates on a slew of other injured Steelers. Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery won’t play this week, opening the door for Plaxico Burress’ return to the NFL and Antonio Brown will be limited early in the week as he tries to return after an ankle injury. Safety Troy Polamalu is expected to run on Wednesday and is considered questionable after missing the last six weeks with a calf issue. Tackle Marcus Gilbert is also questionable, according to Tomlin.

The Steelers also announced that they have waived running back Baron Batch and linebacker Marshall McFadden to create room for Burress and Hoyer on the roster.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/ben-roethlisberger-doubtful-but-steelers-encouraged-by-his-status/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Troy is gonna run this week? How long will Calfgate last?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How long before we get to watch Troy limp off the field again? What's up with cutting Batch? I was never impressed with him but the dude actually DRESSES and PLAYs and they cut him? I guess they have no fear of any other team picking him up, that's for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Calfgate, thats fn hilarious
    Troy will come back for a few plays and then be back on the sideline.
    With all the technological advancements made in medicine,modalities and procedures and Troy misses 7 games with a calf injury.
    Somethings just not right with this

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Calfgate, thats fn hilarious
    Troy will come back for a few plays and then be back on the sideline.
    With all the technological advancements made in medicine,modalities and procedures and Troy misses 7 games with a calf injury.
    Somethings just not right with this
    Could it be a lingering issue from when he injured his achilles? I think it is the same leg for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't know, its been so secretive

Administrator

User Info Menu

I like both signings. I wish we could've release Leftwich instead of Barron Batch though.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hate that they cut Batch but like both the signings.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    I hate that they cut Batch but like both the signings.
    Don't worry; no other team will pick Batch up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger doubtful, but Steelers “encouraged” by his status
    Posted by Josh Alper on November 20, 2012, 2:47 PM EST

The Steelers signed quarterback Brian Hoyer on Tuesday, which sent a pretty good sign that neither Ben Roethlisberger nor Byron Leftwich will be healthy enough to play this Sunday.

Coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that later in the day when he ruled out Leftwich and termed Roethlisberger doubtful to play against the Browns. Tomlin had some better news in terms of Roethlisberger’s overall recovery from the rib and shoulder injuries that kept him out of the Week 11 loss to the Ravens.

“He had an additional test done today and all things are very positive in terms of where he is,” Tomlin said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “We’re encouraged about his status.”

Tomlin also provided updates on a slew of other injured Steelers. Wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery won’t play this week, opening the door for Plaxico Burress’ return to the NFL and Antonio Brown will be limited early in the week as he tries to return after an ankle injury. Safety Troy Polamalu is expected to run on Wednesday and is considered questionable after missing the last six weeks with a calf issue. Tackle Marcus Gilbert is also questionable, according to Tomlin.

The Steelers also announced that they have waived running back Baron Batch and linebacker Marshall McFadden to create room for Burress and Hoyer on the roster.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/ben-roethlisberger-doubtful-but-steelers-encouraged-by-his-status/[/URL]
    hey RB,

will you still keep Baron Batch's pic as your sig in his honor and hope for his return?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha