Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baron Batch & Marshall McFadden waived to make room for Plaxico Burress & Brian Hoyer

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendy's return probably makes Batch expendable. No real need for 5 RB's on a roster- Mendy, Dwyer, Redman, Rainey & Batch is overkill.

Not sure what the FO plans on doing at QB if/when Ben & Lefty are fit again. depending on the timeframe involved on Lefty's return, might have thought IR was possible. Would have given them a real chance to look at Hoyer. That said, Hoyer might just be a roster body & the FO has confidence that Lefty is the long term back-up QB in Pittsburgh.

Anyone else kinda excited to see Plax back??
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Not even a little bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've wanted to bring him back since last offseason and think he can help us in the redzone. He's the prodigal son. I'm excited to see him in Pittsburgh again.

He seems like a different person than his first go round in Pittsburgh. It may sound out there, but he might be a guy that can come in and help Wally get his head on straight. Plax has gone through a lot and I think he can have a positive impact on our young WRs.

Plus Ben loves him. I'm expecting some fun playground football come playoff time. Haley's gonna have fun dealing Ben and Plax and their secret plays that only they know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Plus Ben loves him. I'm expecting some fun playground football come playoff time. Haley's gonna have fun dealing Ben and Plax and their secret plays that only they know.
    they're gonna run and gun...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    hey RB,

will you still keep Baron Batch's pic as your sig in his honor and hope for his return?
    Not sure if Batch is practice squad eligible, but if he is and we add him to the P.S., then I'll probably keep it. If not, I may go back to the ol' Gladiator sig. I'll give it a few days...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

According to Steelers.com, both players were added to the practice squad...

SF

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    According to Steelers.com, both players were added to the practice squad...

SF
    OG Ryan Lee and TE Jamie McCoy were released from the PS to make room for them.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Guess I can get the Plax Bobble Head Doll out now that he is back as Steeler #80 again. Unfortunately, the bobble head is broken--and probably why it was given to me in the first place! That is not something I would surely buy.

Wishing him success this week against the Browns.

Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Not sure if Batch is practice squad eligible, but if he is and we add him to the P.S., then I'll probably keep it. If not, I may go back to the ol' Gladiator sig. I'll give it a few days...
    Batch tweeted this AM that he had signed with the Miami Sharks!