Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers to sign Burress

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    #17 will be available next year if he wants to wait.
    Next year, Burress should be eligible to start receiving Social Security checks, though.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I was just talking about Burress in another thread, the one about Wallace dropping the pass. Burress is a great red zone target. I just have to wonder if this means that AB is hurt worse than expected? Great move though.
    Ab is questionable, so he's improving

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Burress?? Not excited. I'm actually not sure why anyone who likes the Steelers would be.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Brian Hoyer never gave Mary's brother Warren piggyback rides, though!

A white backup quarterback? Say it isn't so...
    He was born a poor black child

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Burress?? Not excited. I'm actually not sure why anyone who likes the Steelers would be.
    If the Steelers had to sign an over-the-hill, former Steelers WR I'd have rather seen them sign Hines instead.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    If the Steelers had to sign an over-the-hill, former Steelers WR I'd have rather seen them sign Hines instead.
    Swann and Stallworth looked like they were in good shape at the team's 80th birthday celebration at halftime of Sunday night's game.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I was just talking about Burress in another thread, the one about Wallace dropping the pass. Burress is a great red zone target. I just have to wonder if this means that AB is hurt worse than expected? Great move though.
    Cotch is out next week as well. Without signing Burress we would be down to three healthy WRs and Gilreath wasn't on the active roster a week ago.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    He was born a poor black child
    Maybe we should nickname him Vitiligo.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm trying to think of other Steelers who started out with us, left for a while, then came back again. Right now, Willie Williams, Chad Brown, and Plaxico Burress come to mind. Others I am missing?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm trying to think of other Steelers who started out with us, left for a while, then came back again. Right now, Willie Williams, Chad Brown, and Plaxico Burress come to mind. Others I am missing?
    Randle El, Foote