Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens waying the terrible towel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Ravens waving the terrible towel

Anyone else notice Ray Rice and another Raven waving a terrible towel as they left the stadiun thru the tunnel. How do we let um get away with that? The shoe bomber didn't, the titans did not. Not the Ratbirds...Lets turn this thing around. Man I hate seeing that!
    Anyone have our record vs Ravens since Tomlins been here. I know its 5-6 in regular season but what about playoffs?
    Last edited by legend of polamalu; 12-04-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The other Raven was Torrey Smith...he then went on to insult the Steeler fans on twitter by posting the following...

Are our fans disrespectful to the players when the Steelers come to town?? Not talking about words but throwing things...serious ?

Umm Torrey...yes they are. Then again they are simply following the example set by their team & beloved defensive icon who behave like a bunch of showboating d!cks. You deliberately wave the towel after you did NOTHING to contribute to the win (that goes for Rice too) - expect to catch sh!t from the crowd.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1119-Ray-Rice-Terrible-Towel-Worth-1000-Words/021122c8-8a67-4a73-a7cb-8e216f298d71[/url]

19_LFW_RiceTowel_instory.jpg

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/ray-rices-terrible-towel-usage-upsets-lamarr-woodley/[/URL]

Super Bowl run starts now. Thanks Ray. I think he gets injured next game. Karma.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Rookie

User Info Menu

Even if they weren't our division rivals, I would think they were thugs. Just listen to some of them when they talk. Repulsive!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Ben and AB84 comes back from injuries against Ravens and kick Raven's back in Baltimore.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, there went their Super Bowl hopes....the CURSE takes no prisoners. Somewhere, Myron Cope is smiling, and so the F@ck am I !!!!!!!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Well, there went their Super Bowl hopes....the CURSE takes no prisoners. Somewhere, Myron Cope is smiling, and so the F@ck am I !!!!!!!
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 11-20-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Woodley tweeted, “If youre not a Steelers fan, dont put your hands on a terrible towel.” He also cautioned, “Bad idea ray, just ask lendale white and tj whosyourmama.”

Legend

User Info Menu

Rice using a Terrible Towel was a 'bad idea'Found 6 hours ago on Larry Brown Sports:
    PLAYERS: LaMarr Woodley, Ray Rice, LenDale White, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Terrell Suggs, Ryan Clark
    TEAMS: Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos
    [url]http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/lamarr_woodley_tells_ray_rice_using_a_terrible_tow el_was_bad_idea/12258301[/url]
    Via Larry Brown Sports:

LaMarr Woodley

@LaMarrWoodley
    Bad idea ray just ask lendale white and tj whosyourmama pic.twitter.com/EugdpuVD

20 Nov 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
    Ray Rice was spotted with a Terrible Towel draped over his head after the Baltimore Ravens defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night, and Pittsburgh linebacker LaMarr Woodley is not happy about it. Woodley apparently felt it was disrespectful of Rice, and he took to Twitter on Tuesday morning to warn him about it and remind everyone about two players who have done it in the past.

For those who are wondering, Around the League reminded us that Lendale White stomped on a Terrible Towel in 2008 while T.J. Houshmandzadeh used one to clean his cleats back in 2005. Woodley was still in college for the Housmandzadeh incident, but he is apparently well-read in Terrible Towel history. Both teams — White’s in 2008 and Houshmanzadeh’s in 2005 — tanked in the postseason and the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl.

In this particular photo, Rice was simply walking to the locker room. Perhaps he needed a towel after a hard-fought game and that’s all that was available. However, he was waving it in the air for the fans to see on his way off the field after the game. It obviously rubbed Woodley the wrong way.

“If you’re not a Steelers fan, don’t put your hands on a terrible towel,” the sixth-year linebacker also wrote on Monday night.

As shirts like this one Terrell Suggs wore and comments like this one that Steelers safety Ryan Clark made remind us, there is no love lost between these two division rivals. Woodley’s tweet simply adds fuel to a fire that has been blazing for years.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.