Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: FO Fail?

  1. #11
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,865
    we should have kept JJ...

  2. #12
    I'm quite pleased that the Steelers kept Batch over Johnson. I'd rather see Batch starting against the Browns and believe that he gives the Steelers the best chance to win.

    I remember the first preseason game against the Eagles - Nick Foles lit up the Steelers third and fourth stringers, and Johnson did very little. Well, Nick Foles is now starting and playing terribly. If Johnson was facing first team defenses, it would be a disaster.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,452
    I don't know if I would label it a "fail" but you can be sure it is highlighted on the "to do" list.



  4. #14
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,274
    This all could work out just fine for us. IF they sign Kafka, who is a good young QB, he could possibly wind up as our long term backup. Of course, this is just a possibility and they could sign someone else, but I'm just baffled as to why Andy Reid cut the guy in the 1st place. Sort of hardly given the guy a chance, and he's a NW graduate. Pretty damn smart kid who can throw it. We'll see. I was thinking the Steelers need to use a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick next year on a valid back up QB, but heck, maybe this guy will be our answer at #2- long term.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,950
    I have always said that Batch and Leftwich are brittle china dolls. I wanted them to keep Johnson. However, I do NOT see this as a FO oversight. They kept three QBs who have all succeeded in the NFL. We still have Batch for this game and hopefully Ben will be back soon. The season is not lost and we still have a capable QB for this game.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I have always said that Batch and Leftwich are brittle china dolls. I wanted them to keep Johnson. However, I do NOT see this as a FO oversight. They kept three QBs who have all succeeded in the NFL. We still have Batch for this game and hopefully Ben will be back soon. The season is not lost and we still have a capable QB for this game.
    How is it not an oversight when everyone other than apparently you (not you, meaning you as in the coaches) know straight up that the two backups you are keeping are brittle and one is old as hell? Say Ben went down in game two with a broken leg that would take 10 weeks to heal and have him back......would it make sense to have to brittle/ one old backup QB's? Or would it make more sense to have one old cagey veteran and one young buck like Johnson? I would of kept Johnson and Leftwich and signed Batch a some sort of offensive coach and if we ended up needing him then sign him to a contract.

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,177
    Sometime in the past two drafts the team should have gotten serious about drafting a young developmental QB. Not sure whether they didn't want to tick off Ben or what but we are pay the piper now for not doing that. The reality is that there really aren't any good back-ups in the league right or very, very few. The #1 guy goes down and every team struggles. Anyone watch the Bears last night without Cutler?

    That is why I really think we will struggle the rest of the season. After watching the Browns play the Cowboys, I know they can beat us unless we play an "A" game in all facets of play. The Ravens can beat us again too.

    Just watch how the rest of our season potentially ffalls apart and you will understand why Goodell is trying to protect starting QBs. The product just ends up being inferior.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    I still can't believe Leftwich hurt himself two different times in that game. Once by simply falling down on a score, untouched, and the other by being sacked.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I still can't believe Leftwich hurt himself two different times in that game. Once by simply falling down on a score, untouched, and the other by being sacked.
    The DB hit him on the way to the end zone..

    that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm quite pleased that the Steelers kept Batch over Johnson. I'd rather see Batch starting against the Browns and believe that he gives the Steelers the best chance to win.

    I remember the first preseason game against the Eagles - Nick Foles lit up the Steelers third and fourth stringers, and Johnson did very little. Well, Nick Foles is now starting and playing terribly. If Johnson was facing first team defenses, it would be a disaster.
    I'm with you Philly. Johnson showed nothing to make anyone think he was a useful player in this league. At least Lefty and Batch had starting experience.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •