Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter: Plaxico Burress to take physical for Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Some of you fans actually think Plaxico Burress is a better receiver right now than Mike Wallace? Really? Seriously???

Plaxico is the true one-trick pony here. He's a tall guy who might be able to catch a fade pass in the red zone. He doesn't have any semblence of speed, don't run particularly crisp routes, and won't be able to get separation on more athletic corners who are a decade or more his junior. Don't get me wrong...with Brown and Cotchery hurting right now, its a solid signing this late in the season. But if Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery are all healthy once again in the near future? Plaxico would be our #5 option (and likely a healthy inactive on gamedays in favor of someone who plays special teams).
    IMO, Burress was never as good as Wallace. Never.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Some of you fans actually think Plaxico Burress is a better receiver right now than Mike Wallace? Really? Seriously???

Plaxico is the true one-trick pony here. He's a tall guy who might be able to catch a fade pass in the red zone. He doesn't have any semblence of speed, don't run particularly crisp routes, and won't be able to get separation on more athletic corners who are a decade or more his junior. Don't get me wrong...with Brown and Cotchery hurting right now, its a solid signing this late in the season. But if Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery are all healthy once again in the near future? Plaxico would be our #5 option (and likely a healthy inactive on gamedays in favor of someone who plays special teams).
    I think you dress Plax even when everyone else is healthy because we can use him in the Red Zone. Heath + Plax in the Redzone are a matchup problem.

I'm also not convinced Plax can't play. He may have lost a step, but he also may just have needed time to get back into game shape after prison.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    IMO, Burress was never as good as Wallace. Never.
    probably not, but maybe Burress catches that fade pass in the back of the end zone...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ok, Chadman is a big fan of Wallace- this is not a secret, but at their respective prime's, Burress was AT LEAST as good as Wallace, most likely better. A more rounded WR, that's for sure.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    probably not, but maybe Burress catches that fade pass in the back of the end zone...
    Sure, but maybe Wallace catches it another time. I was a big fan of Burress' coming out of MSU (where I grew up). He's just shown himself to be a complete jackwagon. I hope he does as well as needed for the sake of the team, but I'm also hoping our other WR's heal quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, but maybe Wallace catches it another time. I was a big fan of Burress' coming out of MSU (where I grew up). He's just shown himself to be a complete jackwagon. I hope he does as well as needed for the sake of the team, but I'm also hoping our other WR's heal quickly.
    Party pooper.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hey guys, Jet fan here...Plax really struggled in between the 20's for us last year but was an excellent red zone target for Sanchez. I'm not sure how much the lack of playing he's done so far this season will hurt him (kinda like the layoff he had before signing with the Jets) but other than the redzone, he MAY help on quick slants or plays where he can use his height...he struggled a bit to separate from corners...hope he contributes for you guys...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mogriffjr View Post
    Hey guys, Jet fan here...Plax really struggled in between the 20's for us last year but was an excellent red zone target for Sanchez. I'm not sure how much the lack of playing he's done so far this season will hurt him (kinda like the layoff he had before signing with the Jets) but other than the redzone, he MAY help on quick slants or plays where he can use his height...he struggled a bit to separate from corners...hope he contributes for you guys...
    Thanks for the insight, man! Welcome, Jet fan!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

What do you think about the other Spartan we signed today, Brian Hoyer (ain't it weird that we might have a future Michigan State QB-WR connection based on today's signings...even though Plax is 8 years older than Hoyer)?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Plax will certainly play ahead of Gilreath IMO.