Thread: Did anyone else notice that Leftwich came up lame....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did anyone else notice that Leftwich came up lame....

....and his half roll into the endzone on his TD run? (It was no where near a full somersault, much better described as a half roll.) It didn't seem possible that that movement caused the injury, so I am assuming he injured his ribs while running, or they were injured before he ever suited up for the game. But we can all be assured of one thing: The Steelers will lie about it. If he did truly injure them on that little half roll into the endzone, then he is made of glass. I can't believe they left him in the game when he couldn't even throw the ball. It was excruciatingly obvious that he couldn't throw. Obviously, the team had to know.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was thinking he got his ribs hurt by the repeated slamming by 1+ tons of human force slamming into them.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    ....and his half roll into the endzone on his TD run? (It was no where near a full somersault, much better described as a half roll.) It didn't seem possible that that movement caused the injury, so I am assuming he injured his ribs while running, or they were injured before he ever suited up for the game. But we can all be assured of one thing: The Steelers will lie about it. If he did truly injure them on that little half roll into the endzone, then he is made of glass. I can't believe they left him in the game when he couldn't even throw the ball. It was excruciatingly obvious that he couldn't throw. Obviously, the team had to know.
    All I can figure is that Tomlin had zero confidence in Charlie Batch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    All I can figure is that Tomlin had zero confidence in Charlie Batch.
    or didn't want to see Charlie also get hurt and be left with no QBs against the Browns...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    After rewatching that play I think he might have fallen on the ball.