Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Heyward

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cam Heyward

Why is he not starting?

Collapsed the pocket all night and played the run well. Thought he had a great game.

He has to start over Ziggy at this point going forward!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Why is he not starting?

Collapsed the pocket all night and played the run well. Thought he had a great game.

He has to start over Ziggy at this point going forward!
    hopefully coaching staff saw the same thing and will start him the rest of the season

Legend

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention this today.
    Cam looked pretty good.
    Ziggy backup Hood from now on

Legend

User Info Menu

We didn't give up a 3rd down conversion with Hood in the game.

I watched Heyward a few times. He was hesitant sometimes. Other times he made plays. I think he's at a point where he needs playing time to get better.

Legend

User Info Menu

No doubt in my mind Cam has all the tools to be great in this league. Ziggy's days as a starter are numbered.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Before we make Cam the new "flavor of the week" and kick Hood to the curb let's see what he does for more than one game. Much like Max Starks on the OL, Hood is no where as bad as some like to try to portray. Many would have thrown Max out years ago and he is a rock for us the past two years.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Before we make Cam the new "flavor of the week" and kick Hood to the curb let's see what he does for more than one game. Much like Max Starks on the OL, Hood is no where as bad as some like to try to portray. Many would have thrown Max out years ago and he is a rock for us the past two years.
    Big difference here. Hood is rated as the worst 3-4 end in the league right now by Pro Football Focus. That's out of 15 or so teams playing 3-4 defense.

Was Max ever rated as the worst Tackle in the league?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I agree.

Ziggy and Cam are our future bookend DEs once Keisel retires, Ziggy may not remind anyone of Aaron Smith but he played very well last night.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

To this point I had not been impressed by Heyward at all.
    Last Night I saw him make a few mistakes but I also saw him make some plays.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

put me in the more playing time for heyward camp.

I don't know what you guys are seeing from hood, but when I rewatch the games, I see him routinely getting pushed 5-7 yards off the LOS.