Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Heyward

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    put me in the more playing time for heyward camp.

I don't know what you guys are seeing from hood, but when I rewatch the games, I see him routinely getting pushed 5-7 yards off the LOS.
    I'm all for getting Heyward more playing time, he's most likely Keisel's heir apparent.

as for Ziggy, he must not have been routinely getting pushed 5-7 yards off the LOS last night since Ray Rice only averaged 2.0 yds/carry rushing for 40 yards on 20 carries.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

did I say last night? Haven't had time to go back and watch it again yet. Sorry.

I suggest you go back and watch the chiefs game. No point in arguing if you think he has played well this season. Keep up the fight.

Legend

User Info Menu

did I say last night? Haven't had time to go back and watch it again yet. Sorry.

I suggest you go back and watch the chiefs game. No point in arguing if you think he has played well this season. Keep up the fight.

did I say this season?

I said last night...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ziggys great.

got it.

Legend

User Info Menu

ziggys great.

got it.
    not what I said...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

THEY PROBABLY TOLD HIM TO JUST REACT TO THE PLAY AND ATTACK.

ONCE HE GETS FULL REPS IN PRACTICE, I'M SURE THEY'LL TEACH HIM TO TAKE UP SPACE AND OCCUPY 2 BLOCKERS IN ORDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE LBs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    did I say this season?

I said last night...
    He played better for the 1 1/2 quarters he played last night.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

PFF sums it up pretty darn well.

Make the Switch
    With Ziggy Hood a continual disappointment as a starter for the Steelers along their defensive line, he left this game injured after just a dozen snaps, opening the door for Cameron Heyward to show what he could do. Hood had actually made a couple of plays in the run game before he went out, but they both came from being blocked to the ground around the point of attack and simply clogging up the intended running lane. It was certainly an interesting tactic, and given his play in the past, might be his best bet to make an impact.

Heyward showed after he came in that it simply is not the scheme that is holding Hood back, because in the same position and role he made far more of a presence of himself.

Heyward made five tackles, which is more than half of the total that Hood has for the entire season and the story is the same when it comes to pass-rushing, with a hit and two hurries exactly half of the total pressure Hood has at this point in the year. Pittsburgh has just been given the tape that justifies a switch at the position. Let’s see if they notice.
    Make the Switch!

[URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/20/refo-ravens-steelers-week-11/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post

Make the Switch!
    Ziggy has a bad back, I would much rather have Heyward in there against the Browns than a less than 100% Ziggy. we drafted Heyward in the first round for a reason and I thought he played relatively well against the Ravens, why not get him some much-needed experience?

plus Heyward played his college ball at Ohio State, I'm sure he would love to play well against the Browns.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

put me in the more playing time for heyward camp.

I don't know what you guys are seeing from hood, but when I rewatch the games, I see him routinely getting pushed 5-7 yards off the LOS.
    $$$$
    Ziggy wouldn't be a starting DE on any other 3-4 team in the league.