Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 93.7 reporting that Lefty is done?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Just reported: Lefty has fractured ribs and is out for weeks. So, as I predicted, Lefty would be injured in 1 game, and now Batch will likely only last 1-2 himself. They better go sign someone quick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

With this injury to Lefty with Batch/Lefty being a bit old and or fragile, do you guys think this is the last season we see them in Steeler uniforms ? I think they'll have at least one of them on the team through training camp next season with a couple of younger qb's also. With this, they'll let both Batch and Lefty go once the season starts and we will have a youth movement at backup.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not going to say that I'm relieved but I guess I am, I just can't take watching Lefty go back out there next week. He is almost painful to watch. I will be much more comfortable with Batch. Win, Lose, or Draw!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    The local media continues to ask the same question. Why wasn't Leftwich taken out? I didn't think about it until just now BUT if Tomlin knew that Bryon was banged up maybe Tomlin simply didn't want to run the risk of getting Batch injured in this game as well considering the Baltimore offense was doing next to nothing. Say Charlie goes down and then we're left with Heath. We're then scrambling to sign ANYONE to play against Cleveland which is bad news bears all around.
    Play 'em til the wheels come off. Or the chassis breaks apart. Isn't that how it works?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd hope Haley has the chance to pick a back-up who best fits his system. Make that plural ... back-ups.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

That is awesome...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    The local media continues to ask the same question. Why wasn't Leftwich taken out? I didn't think about it until just now BUT if Tomlin knew that Bryon was banged up maybe Tomlin simply didn't want to run the risk of getting Batch injured in this game as well considering the Baltimore offense was doing next to nothing. Say Charlie goes down and then we're left with Heath. We're then scrambling to sign ANYONE to play against Cleveland which is bad news bears all around.
    Either way this is on Tomlin. Anyone could plainly see he was hurt. He needed to come out of the game.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yeah.. especially later in the game... how COULDN'T you tell he was hurt?

I would have taken him out regardless, injury or no injury because of his 1st half performance.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    With this injury to Lefty with Batch/Lefty being a bit old and or fragile, do you guys think this is the last season we see them in Steeler uniforms ? I think they'll have at least one of them on the team through training camp next season with a couple of younger qb's also. With this, they'll let both Batch and Lefty go once the season starts and we will have a youth movement at backup.
    I'd possibly keep Batch as a QB coach or mentor. Maybe not so much for Ben (or maybe a lil' for Ben) but a younger player as well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree that Tomlin should have taken Lefty out. At the end of the game he was struggling to even get the ball to the feet of the receivers.

I say we bring Hines back. He can throw a good pass and can definitely take a hit.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>