Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

First of all, I wanted to start a separate thread: Proof in the pudding. JD is our best back. Mendy looked as bad as ever, with his dancing, spinning, etc. Redman, per also my prediction, got hurt quickly. There is no doubt JD is our best back WHEN HE ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY THAT IS, which usually lasts for 2 runs before he wants out of the game. He just isn't the most driven guy; he will never see a big $ contract on that basis. Can you imagine how unmotivated he would be if he signed contract with a $10 million signing bonus? I definitely think we need another back for next year; RM needs shipped out, IR is only a few carries a game type of back, obviously Rainey is not a mainstream back and never will be, Batch is very so so and that leaves us with one back who can be a 100-yard a game guy, and that guy is lazy. So, we must add a new back for 2013.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    First of all, I wanted to start a separate thread: Proof in the pudding. JD is our best back. Mendy looked as bad as ever, with his dancing, spinning, etc. Redman, per also my prediction, got hurt quickly. There is no doubt JD is our best back WHEN HE ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY THAT IS, which usually lasts for 2 runs before he wants out of the game. He just isn't the most driven guy; he will never see a big $ contract on that basis. Can you imagine how unmotivated he would be if he signed contract with a $10 million signing bonus? I definitely think we need another back for next year; RM needs shipped out, IR is only a few carries a game type of back, obviously Rainey is not a mainstream back and never will be, Batch is very so so and that leaves us with one back who can be a 100-yard a game guy, and that guy is lazy. So, we must add a new back for 2013.
    While I completely disagree about getting rid of Mendy, I do agree we need to draft another RB next year. mendenhall is probably no better than 70-80% coming off major surgery and the achilles. A full off season and coming back into Haley's offense healthy he would be very good. Plus he will be cheap to resign.

Redman would be odd man out for me. As many of us predicted he wouldn't be able to be a top back because the injuries would inevitably come.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wasn't as concerned with him coming out as much as how long he was out. A few times in running situations I wanted him back in there but he wasn't.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    While I completely disagree about getting rid of Mendy, I do agree we need to draft another RB next year. mendenhall is probably no better than 70-80% coming off major surgery and the achilles. A full off season and coming back into Haley's offense healthy he would be very good. Plus he will be cheap to resign.

Redman would be odd man out for me. As many of us predicted he wouldn't be able to be a top back because the injuries would inevitably come.
    If RM came cheap, I wouldn't be completely against it, but only as long as the team doesn't try to make him the starter and the back who gets 80% of the carries. He isn't good enough for that. The team should seek an upgrade at that position, or split it with JD and a young, hungry stud back. Kniles Davis anyone?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Suk_YFD1g[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wish we would have seen JD on that 3rd and 2 late in the 3rd on the ravens goal line. We were really pushing them around at that point.

I thought this was haleys worst game as a playcaller.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I thought this was haleys worst game as a playcaller.
    the Ravens' DC completely out-coached and was one step ahead of Haley all game long after our first drive.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

agreed.

really disappointed in 2 of those 3 plays where the game was on the line.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    agreed.

really disappointed in 2 of those 3 plays where the game was on the line.
    And we all knew it was. When they called such crap plays we all knew we were unlikely to get so far down the field after that drive. We lost the game right there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    As many of us predicted he wouldn't be able to be a top back because the injuries would inevitably come.
    As if Dwyer and Mendenhall are the pictures of health.

The fact remains that Redman has played in 8 of 10 games with 5 starts, Dwyer has played in 7 of 10 games with 2 starts, and Mendenhall has played in 3 games with 3 starts.

If you don't think Redman is as talented as the other guys, that's one thing...but to keep playing the "Redman's running style gets him injured" card...well, he's no more injured than any of our other backs this season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    As Tomlin always says....run him til the wheels fall off.
    Speaking of which, was that FWP on the field during pre-game ceremonies last night? What exactly was the celebration for?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!