Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leftwich, Colon, Wallace, Rainy, Adams, etc

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would like to add Hood to the list of no shows. Heyward in my opinion should be starting over Hood. I see more activity from Heyward than I've seen with Hood. By the way, did Hood get injured or did the coaches finally wise up ? I also missed the injury to Redman. How did he get injured and how serious if anyone knows. tnx

Legend

User Info Menu

Colon isn't going anywhere IMO and he shouldn't, it will be great to have him Foster and DeCastro as guards, we'll need all three at some point in any given season.

Adams was drafted and expected to be a work in progress and that's what the Steelers are getting a work in progress, Gilbert went down and the Steeler had to put a player in at RT. He needs help with the elite pass rushers, but does a pretty good job against the rest of the NFL, that's coaching, weight room and effort.

Rainey has made some nice returns and he's a rookie, I don't think throw the baby out with the bath water just yet.

The defensive backs have quietly become the best unit on defense and all this without Troy Polamalu and at times Ryan Clark. Last night Keenan Lewis looked like Anquan Boldin's clothes he was so close to him and he made some nice sure open field tackles. I'm not sure what else you want from a cornerback? Well, he could be Ike who looked more like Torrey Smith's skin last night in limiting him to one catch for 7 yards. Taylor and Lewis are becoming quite a pair of cornerbacks. Ryan Clark was outstanding and Will Allen, even though his name wasn't called I don't remember anything being completed in his zip code.

One loss and many are ready to jettison players that have become better and better as the season moves on, last night while a tough loss is not the end of the season for the Steelers. They still control their own destiny and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Texans at Lions
    Patriots at Jets
    Titans at Jags
    Bills at Colts
    Steelers at Browns
    Raiders at Bengals
    Broncos at Chiefs
    Seahawks at Dolphins
    Ravens at Chargers

Everyone should hold serve that is in the playoff hunt, except for the Jets and Dolphins. This would leave the Steelers still as the 6th seed by one game with 5 to play and in a good position. The Ravens don't have an easy task at San Diego and the potential exists for the Steelers to be playing for the AFC North tie in two weeks. The Ravens have been horrible on the road like last night and will have a much better NFL quarterback to deal with next week in San Diego.

There is a lot of football to be played, the Steelers need to get into the dance with Ben healthy and then it's game on.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish Decastro would come back, Adams would have to miss a game because of a baby, and Foster would be forced to play RT and would take the spot and never look back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Adams is good wth the run but bad with the pass protection. It's been that way for him in college so I'm going to guess he will be a work in progress in this area. I see Adams as the type of player that is always going to have a good game and then a bad game. He reminds me of that type of guy. Sorry if tha puts a smudge on the balck n gold eye glasses.
    We use to say that a lot about Max Starks. he was never as bad as some indicated and has saved us two years in a row. Need to just recognize that OT is one of the toughest positions in the NFL to play and except for maybe 10-15% of the starting OTs these guys are going to have bad days because they match up against the best athletes in the NFL every play.

When we draft a couple OTs in the first 10 picks of the draft then we can set high expectations on them because those are usually the only guys who can perform at that level every game.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

While I agree it's early for Adams...this is consistent with his entire football career. He will have games where he looks like he gets it...then boom will get used. I have little hope it will ever be different. I believe at best Adams will play well against average DEs...and poorly against good ones.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Adams is good wth the run but bad with the pass protection. It's been that way for him in college so I'm going to guess he will be a work in progress in this area. I see Adams as the type of player that is always going to have a good game and then a bad game. He reminds me of that type of guy. Sorry if tha puts a smudge on the balck n gold eye glasses.
    I think you are right on with your assessment.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    While I agree it's early for Adams...this is consistent with his entire football career. He will have games where he looks like he gets it...then boom will get used. I have little hope it will ever be different. I believe at best Adams will play well against average DEs...and poorly against good ones.
    that sums up most OT's... if Adams can keep his motor churning after the initial contact he will be fine... There were a few times when he got his man up field and acted like he did his job. Maybe that worked in college or works with a mobile Ben but with Lefty you have to stay on your man a little longer.

I like Adams more than Gilbert.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I've been pretty impressed by Rainey myself, think some of his returns have been decent. He is a rookie after all, give the guy a chance!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

I like Adams more than Gilbert.
    I'm very disappointed in the way Gilbert regressed from last season, hopefully he gets his game back on track and fulfills the promise he flashed last year.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha