Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Teams

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Special Teams

The special teams stink ! They are up and down in my opinion and outside of Shuisham, there is nothing good about them. They continue to place our offense and defense behind the eightball with bad field position. They can't tackle, they can hardly get off the field without causing the flags to be thrown.
    Rainy is holding a roster spot in my opinion because he's supposed to be a special teams threat and yet, the guy is only average.

A poorly coached unit, lack of talent or both ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Why did we fire our ST Coordinator right before the season? I'd love to know "the rest of the story."
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did this really need another thread separate from your other about the group of "underperformers"? They allowed a kick return which is going to happen on occasion. The rest of the time the ball was either deep in the end zone OR they weren't left with a lot of room to do anything because the punts were high and deep. We either watched a different game last night, you're from another planet OR still intoxicated from the night before. Either way it's all ridiculous.

Backup

User Info Menu

I tend to agree....Our special teams is not special....

We have been giving up chunks of yardage on kick and punt returns....and quite honestly our punter does not have a very strong leg...The punter for the Ravens seems to put the opposition inside the 20 regardless of where the Ravens are on the field....The Ravens continually win the field position battle....

Sushi is the only bright spot on that unit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't know you're the board police snatch98. It's not just last nights game the ST have been poor. Oviedo, it does seem odd that the ST coach was released at the start or middle of the season. I've seen no improvement with this unit.

Legend

User Info Menu

ST's cost us big-time last night. Maybe in rounds 4-7 of the draft, we ought to make it a priority to find ST players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I remember when they tried that with a punter in the fourth round. By the way, is there anyone that is happy with our punter or unhappy with our punter ? I think the coaching and the players either look good due to a good punter or they look bad due to a bad punter.

Legend

User Info Menu

One guy who stuck out on ST is #31 Curtis Brown
    Terrible looking on punt ret. duties..
    The gunner he was assigned to block beat him on every single punt I saw.
    Finally he was taken out on the Ravens last punt

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I remember when they tried that with a punter in the fourth round. By the way, is there anyone that is happy with our punter or unhappy with our punter ? I think the coaching and the players either look good due to a good punter or they look bad due to a bad punter.
    I think our Punter is just fine. He consistently gets the ball inside the opponents 20. Nothing wrong with what he has done this season. I think some just need someone to blame and punters are always easy targets.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    We either watched a different game last night, you're from another planet OR still intoxicated from the night before.
    are the personal insults really necessary when you are making your point?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha