Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Special Teams

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,966

    Special Teams

    The special teams stink ! They are up and down in my opinion and outside of Shuisham, there is nothing good about them. They continue to place our offense and defense behind the eightball with bad field position. They can't tackle, they can hardly get off the field without causing the flags to be thrown.
    Rainy is holding a roster spot in my opinion because he's supposed to be a special teams threat and yet, the guy is only average.

    A poorly coached unit, lack of talent or both ?

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,419
    Why did we fire our ST Coordinator right before the season? I'd love to know "the rest of the story."
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #3
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why did we fire our ST Coordinator right before the season? I'd love to know "the rest of the story."
    I would be really curious to find out the rest of the story also...

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,129
    Did this really need another thread separate from your other about the group of "underperformers"? They allowed a kick return which is going to happen on occasion. The rest of the time the ball was either deep in the end zone OR they weren't left with a lot of room to do anything because the punts were high and deep. We either watched a different game last night, you're from another planet OR still intoxicated from the night before. Either way it's all ridiculous.

  5. #5
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    We either watched a different game last night, you're from another planet OR still intoxicated from the night before.
    are the personal insults really necessary when you are making your point?

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    are the personal insults really necessary when you are making your point?

    Hawaiin, don't you know by now it's very safe to talk down or insult people over the internet ? Yeah, the guy doesn't have to agree with me but to suggest I'm a drunk or to scold me because he doesn't like that two of my post share part of a single topic........ Oh well, what we do without all these perfect people ?

  7. #7
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Hawaiin, don't you know by now it's very safe to talk down or insult people over the internet ? Yeah, the guy doesn't have to agree with me but to suggest I'm a drunk or to scold me because he doesn't like that two of my post share part of a single topic........
    yeah, I don't get why fellow Steelers fans choose to talk to one another in this manner. you didn't say or do anything to him that called for that at all...
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 11-19-2012 at 07:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yeah, I don't get why fellow Steelers fans choose to talk to one another in this manner. it serves no purpose whatsoever...
    Some folks can't feel good about themselve unless they're knocking others. What he said wasn't that bad but, you noticed too with, " what is the point of his comments other than to be insulting. "

  9. #9
    I tend to agree....Our special teams is not special....

    We have been giving up chunks of yardage on kick and punt returns....and quite honestly our punter does not have a very strong leg...The punter for the Ravens seems to put the opposition inside the 20 regardless of where the Ravens are on the field....The Ravens continually win the field position battle....

    Sushi is the only bright spot on that unit.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer fezziwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,966
    I didn't know you're the board police snatch98. It's not just last nights game the ST have been poor. Oviedo, it does seem odd that the ST coach was released at the start or middle of the season. I've seen no improvement with this unit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •