Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wallace is not a Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

It's hard to say if it's lack of effort or if that is just Wallace. Tomlin named him a one trick pony for a reason. Have we ever seen him really fight for the ball? He is what he is... a very dangerous speedster that commands respect from the opposition. But I don't think he's ever going to make the tough catches like Hines or the acrobatic catches like Swan.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I agree with you NJ. Lefty made a bad throw and skipped that ball well ahead of Wallace. No one is making that catch.
    No way was that ball 4 or 5 feet short. at real time i almost thought it was a catch.
    he comes back to the ball with a lunge it's a catch. It's a catch i think I could make.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I agree with you NJ. Lefty made a bad throw and skipped that ball well ahead of Wallace. No one is making that catch.

Not sure what you saw but the play and the replay showed the ball landing right at Wallace's feet. He even got his hands on it but just bent over and didn't go to ground to get it. That was a catchable ball, maybe a hard catch but he could have caught it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you are pathetic.
    +1...that is just stupid talk....

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup, ball was almost a catch.
    At least make an effort

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not sure what you saw but the play and the replay showed the ball landing right at Wallace's feet. He even got his hands on it but just bent over and didn't go to ground to get it. That was a catchable ball, maybe a hard catch but he could have caught it.
    I can't blame Wallace for not catching that ball. He's expecting a typical bullet from Lefty and instead he gets fooled with a change up. Nope, that was on Lefty the whole way.

That's not to say I give Wallace a pass for his inconsistent play this year. I've always been a big Mike Wallace fan but this year his lack of focus at times has been maddening. If he wants to be considered in the elite class he is not helping his cause with his play.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I can't blame Wallace for not catching that ball. He's expecting a typical bullet from Lefty and instead he gets fooled with a change up. Nope, that was on Lefty the whole way.

That's not to say I give Wallace a pass for his inconsistent play this year. I've always been a big Mike Wallace fan but this year his lack of focus at times has been maddening. If he wants to be considered in the elite class he is not helping his cause with his play.
    How can you not blame Wallace....his job is to catch passes not wait for a rainbow's

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The first glimpse we got into Wally's apathy/disinterest/effort was in the final drive against GB in the SuperBowl. We had let go of Santonio and it was Wally's time to step up. And he just looked lost/confused/disinterested - I have no idea what to call it.

I don't know what it is. He makes big plays. He gets really excited for his teammates when they make a big play. But other times he turns into a zombie. Something's not right. Last night he looked beyond awful. But then I saw him blocking on a JD run. I was taken back. Every time he looks lost, he surprises me and does something.

Makes me wonder what's going on with him sometimes? Does he have a nagging injury? Is it a mental issue? I can't explain it, but it looks like Wally plays like the expression on Jay Cutler's face sometimes.
    Good points.

I don't blame Wallace for not catching that TD pass. l also don't blame Wallace for not catching that low fastball that Leftwich threw. I do blame him for not even making the slightest of attempt. Even Collinsworth pointed out the lack of effort. On the flip side, I won't give him too much credit for the catch against the Chiefs. He used his hand to deflect the ball and trapped it between his legs. It's not that impressive. I do blame him for the droppsies he's had all year.

I still don't think he's the all-around WR that Holmes was. And I still don't think the Steelers will pay him the money he thinks he deserves. He'll probably get it from some moron team but it won't be the Steelers. IMO, Wallace hasn't done enough to convince the Steelers that he's worth more than what he was already offered.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Steeler fans are biased from years of watching Hines Ward gut it all and giving 110% in every game. Ward never shied away from contact, made unbelievable efforts to get that extra yard or first down, a knew how to throw a nasty block for his fellow teammates. If Hines is the yardstick to measure by, Wallace hasn't even made it to the first inch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i hope for a major knee injury to him
    why would you wish ill will on a Pittsburgh Steelers player, or upon any other NFL player for that matter?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha