Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do we need to sign a QB?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers are bringing in Mike Kafka (former Eagle)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So who here can answer if Kafka can win a game or more if needed? I have no faith in Batch making it through the browns game! Should we try to trade for a real#2? Or just wait to draft another project QB after round 4?
    If we did trade for #2 Who would you guys really like to see? I like a Matt Moore, McCoy, Tarvaris Jackson for a back up off the top of my head. No to Tebow!! I also thought David Garrard was playing ok in the preseason? Wow did we end up screwed. I hope Batch can prove me very wrong.
    It must be a newer thing in the NFL that a bunch of teams carry one back up and no QB on the practice squad. Thats interesting to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would have thought that Tyler Palko would get a tryout with the Steelers since he played for Todd Haley in KC and has a grasp of his offense.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't like Palko at all. In another thread someone asked if us Steeler fans remember him playing us. I kind of do and he stinks if I remember right. Maybe Kafka can play well in Haley's offense? I know I am to young to have to watch the Steelers struggle after Ben is gone. All I want is a chance to win. Lefty almost gave us that. I Hope Batch can play well and not get hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/report-steelers-to-workout-brian-hoyer-mike-kafka/[/URL]
    Report: Steelers to workout Brian Hoyer, Mike Kafka

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on November 20, 2012, 1:40 AM EST

With the Pittsburgh Steelers down to third-string quarterback Charlie Batch after injuries to Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich in consecutive weeks, the Steelers are looking to add another arm to their roster.

According to Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com, the Steelers are expected to bring in free agent quarterbacks Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka for a tryout on Tuesday. Per the report, the Steelers intend on signing one of the two.

Hoyer was most recently with the New England Patriots before being released during final cuts in August. In three years with the Patriots, Hoyer completed 27 of 43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.

Kafka spent his first two seasons in the league with the Philadelphia Eagles before also being released during final cuts this August. Kafka only saw playing time last season for the Eagles and completed 11 of 16 passes for 107 yards with two interceptions.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.