Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's sure easy to point fingers at Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    We have lost 3 games with Ben Roethlisberger at Qb this season and ALL of those teams were worse than the Ravens. Was it Ben's fault that we lost those 3 games? I dont think so. I just think we should support Lefty like we support Ben when he plays poorly.
    At the same time, we didn't hold those teams to 13 points nor did we shut down their offenses and hold them to 6 points. That's what our D did last night. The Ravens' offense scored 2 field goals the entire night ! Our defense has been clicking of late and now it's our offense that can't put up more than 10 points.

I don't put all the blame on Leftwich. The receivers didn't help much, nor did the coaching. This was a very needed win and a very winnable game. We flushed down a perfect opportunity to make noise in the division.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    We have lost 3 games with Ben Roethlisberger at Qb this season and ALL of those teams were worse than the Ravens. Was it Ben's fault that we lost those 3 games? I dont think so. I just think we should support Lefty like we support Ben when he plays poorly.
    Welcome back 43/stopplayn/whateverothernamesyou'veused. You were totally missed...and stuff.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I want a WR that can high point a ball over a DB and has good hands. Wallace can only catch with his body. He is truly a one trick pony...the fast Willie Parker of WR's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I want a WR that can high point a ball over a DB and has good hands. Wallace can only catch with his body. He is truly a one trick pony...the fast Willie Parker of WR's.
    ...and not worth $10M+. Pay him the same at Brown, but like I have said many times Wallace doesn't really want to stay and compete against Brown.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I honestly don't even want him. One knee injury and he is as worthless as a 'quick' willie parker trying to get the edge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Regardless of what happens during the off season with Mike Wallace he is currently on the Steeler roster and their best chance to get big plays out of the offense. He scores touchdowns, Sanders, Cotchery and Brown do not. The Steelers will use him this year and worry about the other stuff when its time. Wallace was instrumental in wins versus Giants and Chiefs and had a chance to make a great catch and just didn't get the second foot in. Anyone thinking that was an easy catch and toe tap just hates Wallace; that would have been another great play had the foot been able to be dragged. Even Collinsworth said that Leftwich just didn't leave enough room to make the catch, Wallace ran out field because of the throw.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just to be clear, I don't hate Mike Wallace...I just don't think he is a 10 million a year WR and is indeed a one trick pony. Right now for him that one trick is working but when the speed is effected by leg injuries he will be average. He doesn't catch with his hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Regardless of what happens during the off season with Mike Wallace he is currently on the Steeler roster and their best chance to get big plays out of the offense. He scores touchdowns, Sanders, Cotchery and Brown do not. The Steelers will use him this year and worry about the other stuff when its time. Wallace was instrumental in wins versus Giants and Chiefs and had a chance to make a great catch and just didn't get the second foot in. Anyone thinking that was an easy catch and toe tap just hates Wallace; that would have been another great play had the foot been able to be dragged. Even Collinsworth said that Leftwich just didn't leave enough room to make the catch, Wallace ran out field because of the throw.

Pappy
    Wallace scores touchdowns because he is assigned the "go" routes that typically result in the TDs while Brown and Sanders have to work the underneath routes and get the extra yards to keep the chains moving while making tough catches in traffic.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Well said, Pappy.

I was not thrilled with the fumble or with Wallace's effort on the ball that short-hopped him, but we didn't see a lot of these complaints when he outraced the field and scored in the Giants game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wallace scores touchdowns because he is assigned the "go" routes that typically result in the TDs while Brown and Sanders have to work the underneath routes and get the extra yards to keep the chains moving while making tough catches in traffic.

yards gained on Mike Wallace TD catches this year:

22 (Broken play, running across the back of the endzone)
    51 (against NYG, quick slant route, hit the after burners for the TD. 3 yard catch, 48 yard run)

simply put...You're wrong.