Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why why why????

Legend

User Info Menu

I woulda called the timeout at 2:50 making it more dangerous to pass on 3rd down and potentially getting the ball back with more time on the clock. Calling a TO early always gives you the potential to get more time on the clock. Waiting never gives you a chance at extra time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I disagree, on 3rd and 7 with the Ravens offense rarely making more than 5 yards on any given play stopping the clock at 2:04 would have killed the clock at about 1:55 at the worst with it being 4th down. The Steelers get the ball back with 1:48 worst case after the punt.

They played it right and put the pressure on the Ravens offense to convert a 3rd and 7, the mistake was Kiesel's brain cramp offside penalty.

Pappy
    Totally agree. Rare lack of focus by Kiesel is what screwed us. Nothing wrong with the timeout.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    What's worse is the two time outs near the goal line that led to 3 points. You can't burn 2 timeouts and not come out with 7 in that situation.
    It can't be overstated how horrendous this was. 2 timeouts gone and still couldn't come up with a TD play. Head scratching bad.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

What's worse is the two time outs near the goal line that led to 3 points. You can't burn 2 timeouts and not come out with 7 in that situation.
    Oh stop that. Like Ben is a TD machine. Ben is king of the FG. I think the play ddnt get in in time. Thats all Haley/Tomlin

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

No Keisel criticism? Really guys?

Legend

User Info Menu

The T.O. at 2:04 was smart. Keisel screwed it up with the penalty but I guess it's hard to blame certain players on this team when they make mistakes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    Oh stop that. Like Ben is a TD machine. Ben is king of the FG. I think the play ddnt get in in time. Thats all Haley/Tomlin
    You're kidding right? This has nothing to do with Ben. What are you, Leftys adoptive father? To come away with a field goal is disappointing. To come away with a field goal AND burn two timeouts is a disaster.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

The play didn't get in on time?!?! How? When you had a full time out beforehand.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

You're kidding right? This has nothing to do with Ben. What are you, Leftys adoptive father? To come away with a field goal is disappointing. To come away with a field goal AND burn two timeouts is a disaster.

That was the game right there. To that point, our run game was having their way. And we abandonded it at the goal line. Having Lefty throw a fade pass into the end zone seems like it had far less chance of success than any kind of crafty run play. Pound it up the middle, Mendy on the outside, a reverse - anything but a rusty, old, hurt QB trying to throw a fade to a relatively short Wallace who apparently wasn't willing to sacrifice his body to keep the 2nd foot in bounds.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Of course its a good call. Blame Tomlin and not Keisel?

The agenda is OBVIOUS. WOW

Blame Keisel for what???
    Jumping offsides when the Left Tackle made a false start?? Go watch the replay.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!