Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Why why why????

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,622

    Why why why????

    Why would you call a T.O. at right before the TWO minute warning.
    NOW the Ravens can pass it b/c an incomplete won't make a difference with the CLOCK!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,622
    Great, we saved 4 SECONDS!!! UGH!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,054
    Bad clock management..
    Is Mendy braindead also not running out of bounds?

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer SidSmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western NY (south of Rochester, NY)
    Posts
    2,622
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Bad clock management..
    Is Mendy braindead also not running out of bounds?
    Yeah, he went to the same school of clock management that Tomlin did.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  5. #5
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,632
    It wasn't bad clock management.

    What screwed them was the defensive offsides.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    It wasn't bad clock management.

    What screwed them was the defensive offsides.
    Disagree. They either should have called it around 2:50 or saved it until after the 2:00 warning. Instead we had no two minute timeout.

    The 2:04 timeout put us in position to have bad things happen.

  7. #7
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,134
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Disagree. They either should have called it around 2:50 or saved it until after the 2:00 warning. Instead we had no two minute timeout.

    The 2:04 timeout put us in position to have bad things happen.
    I disagree, on 3rd and 7 with the Ravens offense rarely making more than 5 yards on any given play stopping the clock at 2:04 would have killed the clock at about 1:55 at the worst with it being 4th down. The Steelers get the ball back with 1:48 worst case after the punt.

    They played it right and put the pressure on the Ravens offense to convert a 3rd and 7, the mistake was Kiesel's brain cramp offside penalty.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I disagree, on 3rd and 7 with the Ravens offense rarely making more than 5 yards on any given play stopping the clock at 2:04 would have killed the clock at about 1:55 at the worst with it being 4th down. The Steelers get the ball back with 1:48 worst case after the punt.

    They played it right and put the pressure on the Ravens offense to convert a 3rd and 7, the mistake was Kiesel's brain cramp offside penalty.

    Pappy
    I agree with Pappy. Good call. Bad execution.

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I disagree, on 3rd and 7 with the Ravens offense rarely making more than 5 yards on any given play stopping the clock at 2:04 would have killed the clock at about 1:55 at the worst with it being 4th down. The Steelers get the ball back with 1:48 worst case after the punt.

    They played it right and put the pressure on the Ravens offense to convert a 3rd and 7, the mistake was Kiesel's brain cramp offside penalty.

    Pappy
    Totally agree. Rare lack of focus by Kiesel is what screwed us. Nothing wrong with the timeout.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #10
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    65
    Of course its a good call. Blame Tomlin and not Keisel?

    The agenda is OBVIOUS. WOW

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •