Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Leftwich Sucks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Any of you guys see the movie 'Unbreakable' with Bruce Willis? Leftwich is pretty much Samuel L. Jacksons character in that movie. I'm pretty sure Leftwich could roll an ankle taking his morning piss.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here is my problem with Leftwich's performance. He chose pride out of performance. He put his pride in front of the team goals. He couldn't throw the ball further than 10 yards down the field on the last drive yet he didn't take himself out of the game.

I laugh at those blaming Wallace for not getting that low ball. Those guys have been practicing all week catching from the cannon arm of Lefty. I'm sure when Wallace saw the ball coming he had no idea it was a change up that took a nose dive at the end of the throw.

Now for the part that really hurt. He has Galbreath wide open for a touchdown which would have won the game. There was nobody within 20 yards of Galbreath and Lefty couldn't even get the ball halfway there. For a few seconds I thought we were going to steal this game from them the way they stole one from us last year.

Lefty had to tell the coaches he couldn't make the plays. I don't know if Batch would have been better but at least we would have had a shot to win.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    They looked the same statistically because Lefty kept missing wide open receivers. While everyone is dumping on Wallace for not diving for the ball at his feet, we are forgetting the fact that he was wide open and the throw did not get to him. Almost every out pattern was thrown out of bounds. He missed many throws that Ben routinely makes. So, we then find ourselves in 3rd and long, forced into a passing situation, sacked, and the Ravens look the same. If some of those throws are made then they can't pin their ears back so many times, and they look like an aging group that is playing without so many of their injured stars.
    Ben has mad a career of underthrowing the long ball. Leftwich was obviously hurt (come to find out his ribs were broken). Ben is called Tough and given a pass while Lefty gets blame. Of course he missed throws that Ben routinely makes. BEN is always getting the reps. Have you ever been to an NFL practice? The backup gets ZERO reps. So Leftwich had maybe 3 practices with the 1st team and you want him to play as well as Ben? Really? Leftwich hit Cotchery AND Wallace for TDs and they were both dropped (feet).

I'm not saying Leftwich is great because he certainly isnt but why does Ben get a pass and 80 excuses and Lefty does not? Some people are just plain biased as hell.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    All you Leftwich apologists crack me up. The guy hurt himself tripping over his feet in the EZ on his RD run. That is up there with Bill Gramatica tearing his ACL on a celebration jump after making a field goal. Sorry, just an opinion folks....he's collecting some serious cash to hig pine and at least he can come in and be prepared whenvhis number is called. He missed some seriously open throws.
    How did Ben get hurt? He hurt himself. How did Ben get hurt last season? He hurt himself. What happened to Ben in Georgia? He hurt himself. What happened to Ben on the motorcycle? He hurt himself.

Leftwich is our backup for a reason. He is not as good as Ben. He missed a lot of passes, I agree. He is goofy as heck, I agree, he is fragile as hell, I agree. He is a borderline scrub, I agree but lets be FAIR when we criticize.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Here is my problem with Leftwich's performance. He chose pride out of performance. He put his pride in front of the team goals. He couldn't throw the ball further than 10 yards down the field on the last drive yet he didn't take himself out of the game.

I laugh at those blaming Wallace for not getting that low ball. Those guys have been practicing all week catching from the cannon arm of Lefty. I'm sure when Wallace saw the ball coming he had no idea it was a change up that took a nose dive at the end of the throw.

Now for the part that really hurt. He has Galbreath wide open for a touchdown which would have won the game. There was nobody within 20 yards of Galbreath and Lefty couldn't even get the ball halfway there. For a few seconds I thought we were going to steal this game from them the way they stole one from us last year.

Lefty had to tell the coaches he couldn't make the plays. I don't know if Batch would have been better but at least we would have had a shot to win.
    Why wouldnt he? He learned it from #7. Lefty is wrong but Ben is tough when he does it right? lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    How did Ben get hurt? He hurt himself.
    yes 43, that clumsy Ben obviously hurt himself.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes 43, that clumsy Ben obviously hurt himself.

Wow, Hali must be so relieved that he didn't do it!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I would have pulled the plug on the Leftwich experience after the 1st half which was pathetic.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I would have pulled the plug on the Leftwich experience after the 1st half which was pathetic.
    Coaches don't typically like to do that kind of thing. This is the guys first starting experience in years. It's not like the Ravens were rolling on them or something. Sometimes you just have to see if a guy can get hot.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    Why wouldnt he? He learned it from #7. Lefty is wrong but Ben is tough when he does it right? lol
    Are you Lefty's agent? Just acknowledge he played like crap & missed a lot of throws...the win was there for the taking & he wasn't up to the task.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...