Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leftwich Sucks

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The Ravens defense looked the same to me. Did you see the massive hits they put on us? Yes, Leftwich hurt himself (by goofily falling) but Ben hurt himself by running around like a lunatic and not getting rid of the ball. If Ben was smarter he wouldnt be hurt. The Steelers are known for having fizzled drives even when Ben is in. When has Ben lit up the Ravens? I can think of only once on Monday Night. The game deebo went off in. I could post Roethlisbergers stats vs the Ravens the last 9 years and you will see the same thing (inconsistent play from the qb). The difference is that Ben doesnt look as goofy and fragile as Leftwich does. But I'm a fair and objective Steeler fan, not a biased one. Some of the things that Lefty gets blamed for Ben is given a pass and thats bs

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

We lost by 3 points AGAIN. Without Ben, Polamalu etc. I think that is a VERY good showing

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers overall had a good showing especially the defense..

However, if Leftwich doesn't play better than that, it's very possible that we'll lose out and miss the playoffs.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    We lost by 3 points AGAIN. Without Ben, Polamalu etc. I think that is a VERY good showing
    We keep making very good showings like that one, and pretty quick, we'll be completely out of playoff contention...

Legend

User Info Menu

Losing to an 8-2 divisional rival by three points, without our HOF QB, HOF Safety, a hurt JH (DPOY), Rookie RT, a Whiffy Colon, and RB by committee (The coaches can't decide who "obviously" has the hot hand). It still wasn't a bad showing. Honestly, I think we'll clip 'em on the next round. First, we gotta get by the stains and quit shooting ourselves in the foot with stupid drops and fumbles, not to mention the penalties are just incredible at this point. Oh, and tackle the damn punt returner.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

No Antonio Brown either....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

This game is the perfect example of why you have to beat the sh!t teams - Raiders/Titans - when you play them, as you never know what's going to happen later in the season. Win those 2 and the Steelers would stil be in great possition with some time to prepare for the second Ravens game, a team they can beat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This game is the perfect example of why you have to beat the sh!t teams - Raiders/Titans - when you play them, as you never know what's going to happen later in the season. Win those 2 and the Steelers would stil be in great possition with some time to prepare for the second Ravens game, a team they can beat.
    Agreed
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    The Ravens defense looked the same to me.
    They looked the same statistically because Lefty kept missing wide open receivers. While everyone is dumping on Wallace for not diving for the ball at his feet, we are forgetting the fact that he was wide open and the throw did not get to him. Almost every out pattern was thrown out of bounds. He missed many throws that Ben routinely makes. So, we then find ourselves in 3rd and long, forced into a passing situation, sacked, and the Ravens look the same. If some of those throws are made then they can't pin their ears back so many times, and they look like an aging group that is playing without so many of their injured stars.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All you Leftwich apologists crack me up. The guy hurt himself tripping over his feet in the EZ on his RD run. That is up there with Bill Gramatica tearing his ACL on a celebration jump after making a field goal. Sorry, just an opinion folks....he's collecting some serious cash to hig pine and at least he can come in and be prepared whenvhis number is called. He missed some seriously open throws.