Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Leftwich Sucks

Legend

User Info Menu

Thought Leftwich went ok, to be honest. Not great, but not enough to cost victory either. Pretty much the same level Batch has offered for a number of years.

He was badly protected, the Steelers didn't run effectively enough, WR's were dropping balls.

Not all the blame shoud go Lefty's way. Could he be better? Yes. And if he'd been healthier over the last couple of seasons, chances are he would have been better. But there's gotta be a lot of rust there.

Given that we've praised Haley for his gameplans so far, it's fair to be critical when he comes up short. Didn't think Haley put the Steelers in the best position to win this game- not enough variety in the run game to spring points, not enough reliance on the run game to keep the ball away from the Ravens. And the WR's looked bad yesterday. And that's all of them- not just Wallace. They didn't put themselves in good enough positions to have the back-up QB do his job, and too many plays left on the field.

Leftwich is a fine back-up QB. But he's not Ben, and can't be asked to run an offense like Ben.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

He was friggin' playing with two broken ribs! How are people saying he sucked?? Sure, he's not HOF material, or even Pro Bowl, but he left everything on the field for his team last night. If that's not a Steeler, I don't know what is.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Lefty was healthy the whole game, we'd have won it. Lefty was hurting bad. He's a warrior, won't stop fighting, someone has to know that and throw in the towel. Coaches should have pulled him, IMO.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Im glad there are some UNBIASED guys here. Refreshing.

BEN GET WELL. PLEASE!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Are you Lefty's agent? Just acknowledge he played like crap & missed a lot of throws...the win was there for the taking & he wasn't up to the task.
    Read my posts, I Typed that he didnt play well. My contention is that Ben plays like crap too. Why does he get a pass? I said "Leftwich sucked". Ben threw THREE picks vs the Ravens last year and lost 35-7. Does he suck? Nope, he gets a pass. Thats my contention.

When Ben plays injured he is tough. Leftwich did and is selfish. Why the double standard. Please explain.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    Im glad there are some UNBIASED guys here. Refreshing.
    because you're not biased at all...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger had a 82 rating and a 52 rating and FOUR picks in 2 games vs the Ravens last season. Does he suck?

OF COURSE NOT. He just played poorly vs a good defense. But make no mistake about it he played badly just like Leftwich did.

OD

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=hawaiiansteel;533796]because you're not biased at all...

How am I biased? Please explain.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    Read my posts, I Typed that he didnt play well. My contention is that Ben plays like crap too. Why does he get a pass? I said "Leftwich sucked". Ben threw THREE picks vs the Ravens last year and lost 35-7. Does he suck? Nope, he gets a pass. Thats my contention.

When Ben plays injured he is tough. Leftwich did and is selfish. Why the double standard. Please explain.
    Obviously you missed the humor...anyway Ben gets a pass because even when hurt he is better than both Byron & Batch, he gets a pass because he has still found a way to win when hurt, he gets a pass because he's a Pro-Bowl & Super Bowl QB, he gets a pass because he's been taking the same hits for years that Byron did last night & he still gets us in position to win - he gets a pass because he's earned it.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Steelreal;533799]
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    because you're not biased at all...

How am I biased? Please explain.
    you are the antithesis of Crash, both of your acts wear thin after awhile...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha