Thread: What's With Everyone Picking The Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

What's With Everyone Picking The Steelers?

Big Ben goes down. The Vegas line goes from Steelers by 5 to Ravens by 3.5, or an 8.5 point swing. Joe Flacco's had 2 last minute drives to beats us the last 2 years in Pittsburgh.

And now the pundits I'm listening to on the radio are all picking the Steelers. WTF? I haven't heard anyone pick the Ravens yet.

It's like everyone outside of Pittsburgh believes in Byron.

When everyone's for us, we usually disappoint. I wish everyone was picking the Ravens this weekend.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Ravens are very beat up. Their secondary is trash. I believe I could have a big game against the Ravens.

Steelers 17
    Ravens 13
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Three Reasons Why The Steelers Can Beat Baltimore Without Big Ben

Nov 15th, 2012 by Andrew Pregle

When my dad and I bought tickets for this weekend’s Steelers-Ravens contest, we knew it wasn’t guaranteed that we would be going home happy. With recent news of Big Ben’s injury, it sure seems as if I’m marching towards a massacre. However, there is absolutely no guarantee the Ravens can pull this one out even against a backup quarterback. Here are the three biggest reasons why.

1) Their Own Injuries

As any Ravens fan will remind you, a Ravens win won’t come with an asterix because of the numerous and important injuries Baltimore has had to deal with. In fact, some would argue that the Ravens are in a worse position than the Steelers. Haloti Ngata and Torrey Smith are still questionable and even though they will more than likely suit up, there is no way they will be 100%. Jimmy Smith hasn’t participated in practice yet this week and is legitimately questionable. Suggs hasn’t impressed me yet as he still recovers from his achilles injury that is hampering his best assest: explosiveness off the snap. Oh, and that guy Ray Lewis is done for the year too. So while the Steelers are coming in battered, Baltimore has some serious holes on their defensive unit.

2) Steelers Can Still Run The Ball

One of the trademarked features of a Steelers Ravens game is the inability for both sides to run the ball effectively. After reading the above, you see that for the Steelers that task just got monumentally easier. What’s worse for Baltimore is that their run defense was still average at best when the team was healthy. The interior of Pouncey, Colon and Foster may still have to deal with Ngata but there won’t be Lewis to account for in the box. That is a huge relief and expect the Steelers to challenge that interior early before even attempting to bounce the ball outside. If the Steelers running game performs like it did before the Kansas City game, they will be able to successfully grind out clock and yards against the less than stellar Ravens defense.

3) Ravens Offensive Strategy Is Bizzare

You would think that with Ray Rice being as successful as he is even when he is touching the ball 65%-70% of the time you’d still do it, right? Well Baltimore has had moments this season where they don’t give the ball to Rice, even if he’s successful. Consider: in their loss against Philly, Rice was averaging over 5 yards a carry…and Flacco threw the ball 43 times. Against Houston, Rice average 4.6 yards a carry…and got 12 carries.

Flacco threw 43 times again. I understand the want for a balanced offense, but when Ray Rice is winning you games and Joe Flacco is losing them, you give the ball to Rice. In their last two games against pretty mediocre teams, the Ravens have stalled in their rushing game. If the Steelers defense can hold off Rice early Harbaugh will more than likely trust Flacco to win the game for the Ravens. That’s the best recipe for a Steelers win.

[URL]http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/11/15/three-reasons-why-the-steelers-can-beat-baltimore-without-big-ben/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

ESPN "experts"--4 pick the Steelers to win, 10 pick the Ravens.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Steelers 27 Ravens 10.
    We will run the ball effectively (Willie Colon will be a standout) and Leftwich will burn them on Playaction.