Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From 6-3 to 6-6

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You guys seem to be forgetting that we scored 13 on KC.....in regulation. With Ben part of the time
    The mighty Ravens scored only 9 on KC...

Legend

User Info Menu

...with Flacco all of the time.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    How are the Ravens a better team? I call bs. There is no team in the NFL better than us.
    Yea, ummm, irrational, delusional much? Houston, SF, Atl., Bears, etc. Balt. IS better than us because their record says so. We needed rip off calls from the refs to even beat the 1-7 Chiefs. Our OL and D has steadily got better, I agree. Although, the OL sure didn't look all that great vs. KC. There were no holes to rush and our QB got beat down and will miss a month. Probably not the best signs of a good OL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The mighty Ravens scored only 9 on KC...
    _IN_ KC. Big difference. We needed corrupt calls from the refs to beat them in our own house.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It was horrible weather on Monday Night. We also got blown out by the Ravens with Ben 35-7 last season. Did you think we were done after that? I didnt. Bad games happen in the NFL
    In actuality, we were pretty much done in terms of truly contending. We got beat by Tebow and the Broncos and got bounced in the first week of post season. That team wasn't going any where. Sure, they won more than they lost, but they were no threat to win another ring, at any point of the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

There is no team in the NFL better than us.
    we're not the best team in the NFL without Ben and Troy, our best and most valuable players on offense and defense.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Yea, ummm, irrational, delusional much? Houston, SF, Atl., Bears, etc. Balt. IS better than us because their record says so. We needed rip off calls from the refs to even beat the 1-7 Chiefs. Our OL and D has steadily got better, I agree. Although, the OL sure didn't look all that great vs. KC. There were no holes to rush and our QB got beat down and will miss a month. Probably not the best signs of a good OL.
    What do records mean? How did those 18-0 Pats fair? The play that Ben got hurt on isnt on the O-Line, its on the QB for not throwing the ball away. Ben acknowledges this as well. None of the teams you mentioned are better than the Steelers.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we're not the best team in the NFL without Ben and Troy, our best and most valuable players on offense and defense.
    I disagree with you. NEXT MAN UP!

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys seem to be forgetting that we scored 13 on KC.....in regulation. With Ben part of the time
    Different teams present different matchups. There are also other variables to be considered when teams face off vs one another. Statistical rankings and how this team performed vs another opponent will mean absolutely nothing when the Steelers play the Ravens.

Legend

User Info Menu

This game all depends on the defense. If we attack Flacco and get to him then I think we win. If we play "scared" like we sometimes do and sit back and try not to give up the big play he will pick us apart. Woodley needs to have a huge game because I don't think Harrison is capable of doing that. Timmons needs to get sent on blitzes from every direction to keep Rice in the backfield blocking.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"