Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From 6-3 to 6-6

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

From 6-3 to 6-6

I could see us losing the next 3. Balt. is a better team than Pgh even WITH Ben playing. They can score points and their D, though lacking stat wise, is still capable of making some plays. And the IN Cleveland game won't be easy. They have a lot of holes but can still win some games, and will be giving us a 100% effort; this game is their Super Bowl. If we do drop to 6-6 and Ben comes back, then what?

SD - win. I don't see them losing that one.
    @Dallas - I depends on the state of Dallas by then. If they are contending by then it could be a tough game.
    Cinci - should win.
    Cleveland - should win.

Even if we do drop the next 3, we could still end up 10-6 and in the play offs, but I am sure most of us will have already jumped off a bridge if we lose 3 in a row so we won't be alive to see the play off run.

Legend

User Info Menu

it's possible, the Browns and Ravens are going to be tough to beat on the road without our starting QB.

that's why I think this game at home on Sunday is a very important one for us to win.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

the Raturds.. dont' scare me that much.. for some reason.. they are banged up on defense.. both teams are offensive now.. (offensive?) they make splash plays but our D is steadier.. my best Steeler bro is not gona even watch this game, cause he can't stand to see us lose.. (i dont' get this frame of thinking, quitting before we even lose) but I have this feeling we will win this game.. and if we drop 3 like you mention.. which is def possible.. I'll be one to bear witness unto it.. I'll jump off the bridge with a BUNGEE CORD
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Balt's offense scares me. Ray Rice is a handful, and then they got deep threats (T. Smith), tough over the middle targets (Boldin) and good TEs (Pita, Dickerson). I don't see us holding them to the usual 10-13 points. I see us having to score 24+ to win. Can we?

Legend

User Info Menu

Jimmy Smith is going to out for them as well, so where does that leave their secondary? Our WR's are better than theirs even without AB. Leftwich, though he's rusty, is just as effective passing as Flacco is, the key is keeping him on his feet. I think that quick passes and a commitment to the run is paramount for this game. This is a possible win for us, it's going to come down to execution, intensity, and discipline in all aspects of the game. We need some production out of Harrison as well, his presence simply isn't enough, we need him to start producing. As far as Rice goes, you just have to tackle him. Sloppy tackling will kill us in this one.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Get pressure on Flacco and he'll give us the game.
    Give him time and he'll pick us apart.
    This game comes down to whether or not our defense shows up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope they put some emphasis on BL getting rid of the ball quicker than usual or he will be hurt. He is tough and hangs in there to wait for the rec. to get open, but we can't afford to have him do that as much as usual. We need some games out of him, not another broken bone and out for the rest of the year. Rice has killed us in the past; you don't have to just tackle him you have to touch him before you can tackle him and even that's not always easy. Balt. would be wise to use their TE and to "cut off the top" of our D my throwing deep to Smith. Even if they don't complete those passes Ike will get flagged and it will serve the same purpose. Even KC showed that the middle of our D can be exposed. One thing I know is the Ravens are going to come on very focused and intense. I just hope we get pressure on Fluko.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    the Raturds.. dont' scare me that much.. for some reason.. they are banged up on defense.. both teams are offensive now.. (offensive?) they make splash plays but our D is steadier.. my best Steeler bro is not gona even watch this game, cause he can't stand to see us lose.. (i dont' get this frame of thinking, quitting before we even lose) but I have this feeling we will win this game.. and if we drop 3 like you mention.. which is def possible.. I'll be one to bear witness unto it.. I'll jump off the bridge with a BUNGEE CORD
    Baltinore is 26th against the run and just lost another starting CB. Siz can't be any more 100% than Harrison is. Time for James & Woodley to get thugged out and get it done. You know, I know, and Our DC better know that Flacco makes mistakes when he starts getting popped. Can't sit back in zone and let him pick us apart. The DL needs to step up hard in this one to allow the LB to do their thing. I really hope that Clark can overcome the concussions. Dude is too brutal for his own good but there is no second guessing that guys effort.

On offense I think they will stack the box and blitz so BL needs to unload the ball. Personally One guy I think that could be a difference maker is Will Johnson at FB. We get Colon pulling behind Foster and Adams wil Johnson leading Mendenhall with his speed, we could gash them. I would like to see Leftwich go deep a few times to Wallace or Sanders. Just loft it and let them try and run under it. We either catch it or draw PI on their inexperienced CB's.

Special teams needs to be special in this. Couldn't be a better time for a penalty free return to the house.

Simply could come down to no fumbles, no interceptions, and the K's.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I 100% disagree that the Ravens are better even with Ben healthy. The offense is also completely different with Mendenhall under center because defenses have to respect his ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Let's not forget we haven't seen him behind this line blocking in the fashion that they have been blocking right now. He was also the guy to carry us through the 4 games when Ben was suspended. However i do expect them to bring him back slowly. I also believe that Haley will have his offense adjusted for Leftwich and that Bryon will be much more effective with a full week of practice as the starter. People are selling the guy really short. Now as far as the Ravens are concerned they're defense is just as banged up and our defense has been playing pretty well. I'm in now way, shape or form chicken little'ing my way to 3 straight losses just because Ben is hurt.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Lose the next 3? Cripes!! We won with Maddox, Tomczak, Stoudt and SORRY Kordell (13-3) and will will win with Leftwich too