Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leftwich, Colon, Wallace, Rainy, Adams, etc

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Leftwich, Colon, Wallace, Rainy, Adams, etc

After all this time or all the coaches prep and the players efforts, these few guys seem to not carry their share of the weight.

Leftwich was signed for just this reason when Ben gets hurt. He's not supposed to join him on the bench or at the exray room.

Wallace, will more dollars make him catch or hold onto the ball better ? I hardly think so.

Colon will always be the guy that draws the flags. He's good one or two games and the rest of the time he is bad or below average.

Rainy isn't anything.

Adams is still learning but I have a feeling he will always be what we see now.

Our DB's need to have their hands tied to a football day and night until their hands can adjust to catching one. These chuckle heads can't get
    an interception and getting turnovers in a high scoring league is an important part of winning.

Special teams are not special at all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you're being too quick to judge on Adams.
    Other than that I agree....would go as far to say Rainey isn't "anything" but i'd like to see him back on punts.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that it is way too early to tell on Adams. The guy is in his rookie season and has improved from the pre season where he could not block anybody. When it comes to linemen I always think of Duane Brown. In his rookie season, Harrison ate him alive. Others did too. Now, he is regarded as one of the top tackles around. The adjustment is big from college to the pros, and it takes awhile for some to get it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ridiculous perspective on Rainey considering some of the returns he's had this season even if they were called back. He's also had a few significant runs and that one TD against I forget who. Adams like Rainey is also a rookie. I'm not exactly sure what sort of expectations you've had for either but they've gotta be pretty damn lofty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I agree that it is way too early to tell on Adams. The guy is in his rookie season and has improved from the pre season where he could not block anybody. When it comes to linemen I always think of Duane Brown. In his rookie season, Harrison ate him alive. Others did too. Now, he is regarded as one of the top tackles around. The adjustment is big from college to the pros, and it takes awhile for some to get it.
    Agree. OT is one of the toughest, if not the toughest, positions in the NFL to adjust to in the NFL. I think Adams like Gilbert will be fine.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Adams is good wth the run but bad with the pass protection. It's been that way for him in college so I'm going to guess he will be a work in progress in this area. I see Adams as the type of player that is always going to have a good game and then a bad game. He reminds me of that type of guy. Sorry if tha puts a smudge on the balck n gold eye glasses.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think we need to try and get Rainey more involved in the game plan....

Colon is one of the bright spots on the OL. It took a few games to get used to the new position but overall he has been playing solid. He brings an attitude with him that the rest of the lineman need to have....

It is way too early to tell on Adams...but I think he will be fine....He is playing solid as well.

It would be nice if we made more interceptions, but the defense is playing lights out....nothing to complain about there. They have been shutting down opposing offenses for the last 5 weeks.

The ratbirds did nothing last night....nothing at all. The defense gave up 3 points in my book. 7 came from special teams and 3 from the Wallace fumble that was returned to the 12 yard line.

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess Byron having a better game than Flacco, and having about the same success as Ben has had over the past 2 seasons vs. the Rats isn't good enough, yeah I guess he should have come in and lit it up, surpassing what Ben has done over the past two seasons.... I don't know, but you guys want an awful lot out of every player. What about the special teams breakdown? That't the difference in a hard-fought ball game right there!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm buying into what Tomlin tells us, " the standard is the standard. " It was a tall order to throw Leftwich in there against the Ravens but the guy didn't get accomplished what he is paid to do. First off let me say this, " I didn't think the Steelers were going to perform as well as they did last night. ' I already knew it would be a loss as soon as I heard Ben was out. I do however think we could have won with Batch in there. There's my 20/20 vision but again, Batch is better than Leftwich.
    As someone said, you can't fault the defense because those guys showed up. Turnovers could have helped as they did for the Ravens but still the same, I can't put the loss on the D.

Was it Tomlin that didn't want to hear or admit Leftwich was injured or was it that Leftwich wouldn't admit to his injury ? No matter what the issue was, the way Leftwich was showing his pain it should have come into question.

As I said in another post, " it won't bother me that they lose because this is not their season and you can't always be on top. " I just hate seeing a part or player/coach of the team that screws it up for the guys that are busting their butts for the win.

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL.. Rainey hasn't shown anything? Really...

I would like to see him in space more often but I'm not ready to write him off.