Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: From 6-3 to 6-6

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This game all depends on the defense. If we attack Flacco and get to him then I think we win. If we play "scared" like we sometimes do and sit back and try not to give up the big play he will pick us apart. Woodley needs to have a huge game because I don't think Harrison is capable of doing that. Timmons needs to get sent on blitzes from every direction to keep Rice in the backfield blocking.
    If we give up big plays in this game we will lose...matter of fact it has been that way all season....so there must be sone logic in playing not to give up the big play.... Not sure I would say they are playing scared.. Sounds like another attempt at calling out DL...

I do agree that we will need to pressure Flacco to have success tonight...

SF

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    If we give up big plays in this game we will lose...matter of fact it has been that way all season....so there must be sone logic in playing not to give up the big play.... Not sure I would say they are playing scared.. Sounds like another attempt at calling out DL...

I do agree that we will need to pressure Flacco to have success tonight...

SF

Not calling out DL, but expected his team would automatically assume that. It is only my opinion that when we are aggressive we play better and when we play passive we lose to even bad teams like Oakland. We can't beat a good team like the Ravens by letting them march up and down the field by giving up constant short completions underneath our DBs that will wear out our defense.

Rushing three or even four is too predictable especially if is just Woodley and Harrison. Harrison will unlikely be able to get to the QB so we need to send pressure from others especially Timmons.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 11-18-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Not calling out DL, but expected his team would automatically assume that. It is only my opinion that when we are aggressive we play better and when we play passive we lose to even bad teams like Oakland. We can't beat a good team like the Ravens by letting them march up and down the field by giving up constant short completions underneath our DBs that will wear out our defense.

Rushing three or even four is too predictable especially if is just Woodley and Harrison. Harrison will unlikely be able to get to the QB so we need to send pressure from others especially Timmons.
    It's not as simple as having a passive vs an aggressive approach. They've always mixed things up defensively. They didn't lose to the Raiders because they were not aggressive.

The bottom line on this boils down to players executing by winning one on one match ups.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 11-18-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I agree, excellent post bro

Rookie

User Info Menu

Keys to winning:

1) Don't give up big plays.

2) Don't turn the ball over.

If the Steelers can do those two things, I like their chances versus any team in the NFL...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

of course you have to mix it up. Not blitzing every play, as some here seem to advocate, is hardly "playing scared".

there will be a mix, as always, and you try to catch the other guys in a mismatch.

my biggest worry are the two TE making 3rd down catches and keeping drives alive. This will be a huge test for #94 as he will surely be asked to do a lot in this game. He has been up to the challenge this year for the most part and we need another great performance from him tonight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    There is no team in the NFL better than us.
    Sure proved it vs. the Ratbirds tonight...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Super Bowls arent won in December. Ask the Giants.

Backup

User Info Menu

"
    LOL...If being "part of his team" means NOT part of the delusional "team" that thinks they know more about NFL defense than a future hall of fame defensive coordinator that has been in the league for longer than most have been alive...that consistently has his defensive unit in the top 5 of league...that is responsible for our defensive success in the last decade....then guilty as charged...I guess I am part of the DL team....

You should read your own signature line some time....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    Super Bowls arent won in December.
    This is true. It's also true that sometimes playoff berths are lost in November. When you piss away opportunities in very winnable games, it can come back to bite you.