Thread: Limas Sweed now on a CFL practice squad

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Limas Sweed now on a CFL practice squad

Not sure if this has been posted or not.

[url]http://www.cfl.ca/roster/index/team/4[/url]
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if they signed him to the practice squad after putting Dallas Baker the Touchdown Maker on injured reserve?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Awesome, he can suck and drop passes up north now. Super. Is Willie Reid, Dallas Baker, Fred Gibson, Lee Mays, Chris Taylor, Danny Farmer, Troy Edwards and Will Blackwell going to join him?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we should sign him quick before the Ratbirds do.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Awesome, he can suck and drop passes up north now. Super. Is Willie Reid, Dallas Baker, Fred Gibson, Lee Mays, Chris Taylor, Danny Farmer, Troy Edwards and Will Blackwell going to join him?

Hilarious ! Butterfingers candy bar should ask these guys to do their promo's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    As I mentioned in the previous post, Dallas Baker is already on that team (although he is on injured reserve). They also have cornerback Macho Harris, who was in training camp with us before last season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I wonder if he caught a cold yet.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap View Post
    I wonder if he caught a cold yet.....
    Mid-November in Regina? That's a pretty good bet that's the one thing he could certainly catch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone else crack up about how they list players as import or non-import? I never realized Canadians think of Americans like we think of immigrants.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Anyone else crack up about how they list players as import or non-import? I never realized Canadians think of Americans like we think of immigrants.
    The CFL has a rule that a minimum number of players on the team must be Canadian. Lacrosse in the US is the opposite where there is a Maximum number of Canadians you can field on a particular team.

Also, I hope Sweed makes the team there. He seems like a good enough kid, maybe not the best receiver around, but I certainly wish him well.