Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mendy To Start

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendy To Start

What does everyone think about that?

I just heard on the radio that he's likely going to start this weekend. So we're just going to have a completely new offense?

I'd like to see us spread the Ravens out with 3 WR/1 TE and let Mendy run out of an empty backfield. Mendy came out of college running from a spread formation and BA's never used him effectively. I think Haley will get the most out of his talents. Get him the ball and some space.

This offense was built for a back like Mendy. And I think he can be the key to get this offense scoring points. Wouldn't it be something if we started scoring more points per game with Byron at the helm?

Now that Haley has Mendy, it might be possible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendy is our best RB when healthy. He can do more than the others although if Dwyer can keep his head in the game I think he has the potential to be better. However, potential don't mean squat. Lots of guys have bombed out of the NFL who were loaded with potential.

I do think that Haley's offense with Ben running it is tailor made for Mendy. I read in the PG this morning that Haley was adjusting the offense for Lefty so we'll see how that goes. it also shows why Haley is the type of coordinator we should have adjusting his scheme for his players and no vice versa like some do.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    it also shows why Haley is the type of coordinator we should have adjusting his scheme for his players and no vice versa like some do.
    What do you mean by "like some do"?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    What do you mean by "like some do"?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Mendy is certainly the best back we have by a long shot...so this only helps our O. In order for us to beat the Ravens...we need to let our skill players win this game for us. It means Mendy getting the ball 20 times in some form or fashion. It means short passes to Brown and Rainey. Ball control...quick passes...screens...running game etc. What we don't need is to let Lefty stand in the pocket like a statue against a stout pass rush.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It means Mendy getting the ball 20 times in some form or fashion. It means short passes to Brown and Rainey.
    Mendy is returning from an Achilles injury, it is highly doubtful the Steelers will give him the ball 20 times in his first game back.

and Antonio brown has been officially ruled out, so no short passes will be thrown to him.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

My apologies then....I thought this was just another attempt to hate on DL....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

At least Ray Lewis won't be in the game to break Mendy's bones. He punked him big time with that hit after RM ran his texting mouth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelfin View Post
    My apologies then....I thought this was just another attempt to hate on DL....
    now that you mention it, it may very well have been a veiled attempt to hate on DL...

Ovi?

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Mendy has the best game he's ever had. But I wouldn't be surprised if his final stat line is something like 15 carries, 25 yards.