Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens down another CB: Jimmy Smith has sport hernia surgery, will miss game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ravens down another CB: Jimmy Smith has sport hernia surgery, will miss game.

Well, the Ravens have exactly one of their top 3 cornerbacks left from the beginning of the season. Jimmy Smith is officially out for this game and probably at least 4 weeks total with a sports hernia.

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal
    Very vulnerable in secondary. RT @Ravens: CB Jimmy Smith has had groin surgery. He's expected to be back before the end of the season.
    Can we spread this team out and force them into nickle and dime situations with Byron? Their one starting CB left is the one who has quite a few interceptions, but gets picked on a lot.

Come on Gary Coleman, next man up!
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-15-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Absolutely we should spread em out and let Lefty throw the rock around the yard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is great news....I think we will score some points on these guys....we just need our defense to shut them down. We absolutely need to hit Flacco a few times. He totally wilts when he gets decked and starts hearing footsteps.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Ravens won't be able to stack the box as much. They are down to their 5th CB being their nickel guy. Run out of spread formations to keep them from stacking the box and mash it in their faces.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately our QB who could really exploit this won't be playing. But then we also heard how the Oakland secondary was patchwork and being held together with wire and duct tape. How'd that work out for us?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Unfortunately our QB who could really exploit this won't be playing. But then we also heard how the Oakland secondary was patchwork and being held together with wire and duct tape. How'd that work out for us?
    Hey! Why you being a....

Debbie_Downer.jpg

I'm trying to stay positive here man!
    Last edited by BigRob; 11-15-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Hey! Why you being a....

Debbie_Downer.jpg

I'm trying to stay positive here man!
    I'm doing all the hoping and praying as much as anyone, but in a discussion board I'm trying not to be delude myself into believeing about what is probably not reality. I will be thrilled if Lefty looks like the second coming of Dan Marino.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

We're at home...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Didn't we hang 30+ on them? Should of been more if not for some drops? We put up 30 this game we win.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It worked out pretty well for us. Ben was 36 of 49 for 384 yards and 4 touchdowns. We had our way with that secondary.

Other than Brown's terrible fumble in the 4th Q, the defense and special teams let us down that day.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.