Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Carter on I.R./Marshall McFadden now on Active Roster/Jamie McCoy back on P.S.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chris Carter on I.R./Marshall McFadden now on Active Roster/Jamie McCoy back on P.S.

Steelers Make Transactions
    Posted 14 minutes ago

The Steelers made a number of roster moves today that included promoting linebacker Marshall McFadden to the active roster from the team’s practice squad. McFadden will wear No. 40.

McFadden spent the first 10 weeks of the 2012 season on the team’s practice squad. He originally was signed to the team’s offseason roster on January 18, 2012.

To make room for McFadden on the active roster, the Steelers placed linebacker Chris Carter on the team’s Reserve/Injured List with an abdominal injury. Carter saw action in eight games this season, making his first three career starts.

The Steelers also signed tight end Jamie McCoy to the team’s practice squad. McCoy will wear No. 80.
    [URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Make-Transactions/f4292497-d0d5-4126-977d-e9b628d52575[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It's looking more and more like OLB is becoming a high draft need next year as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    It's looking more and more like OLB is becoming a high draft need next year as well.
    don't we have Jason Worilds waiting in the wings?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post

Coin flip between OLB, ILB and Safety. Can you have a three sided coin??????
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    don't we have Jason Worilds waiting in the wings?
    Maybe he shouldn't be in the wings. Doesn't he have more QB pressures and sacks than Harrison? Was Harrison even on the field against the Chiefs? Can't recall hearing his name called once during the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can anyone tell me what the heck they see in McCoy that they keep him around? Really hard for me to believe he is the best talent on the street available with PS eligiability.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Maybe he shouldn't be in the wings. Doesn't he have more QB pressures and sacks than Harrison? Was Harrison even on the field against the Chiefs? Can't recall hearing his name called once during the game.
    well, then we have our future starting OLBs in place with Woodley and Worilds and Chris Carter as the main backup.

in that case, why would we waste a high draft choice on an OLB when we have so many other pressing needs at ILB, S, WR etc. that need to also be filled?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison was a non factor in the game against the Chiefs
    Hope I'm wrong, but he's got nothing left to give

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Harrison was a non factor in the game against the Chiefs
    Hope I'm wrong, but he's got nothing left to give
    Unfortunately I don't think you are wrong. I posted a couple of weeks ago that there is no way his knee is going to get right practicing and playing on it every week. He just doesn't look like he can generate any power with his legs compared to what was normal for him.

Bottomline is he won't be playing here next year for his full salary. Keep him for the vet minimum or move on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison looks cooked. The Chiefs were not the first team to run right at Woodley and wont be the last. We need another stud OLB to replace Harrison, cuz' I think you guys are right in that he will be a salary cap cut next year.