Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben likely out 3 weeks

Legend

User Info Menu

Big Ben likely out 3 weeks

By Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter | ESPN

Pittsburgh Steelers doctors are hopeful, though hardly optimistic, that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be able to return from his rib and shoulder injuries for their team's next game against the Baltimore Ravens on Dec. 2, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Steelers doctors believe Roethlisberger will miss three weeks, though the team has not abandoned hope that he may miss only two games and be able to return for the rematch against the Ravens.

Roethlisberger has been ruled out of Sunday night's game against the Ravens and is not expected to play next Sunday at Cleveland.

Though Roethlisberger said the injury to his first rib on his right side threatened his aorta, a source said doctors believe the greater threat is to the surrounding arteries, vessels and soft tissue.

Roethlisberger was in as much pain Friday as he was Monday, a source said, and the timetable for his return is somewhat unpredictable. The injury is rare and needs to heal itself -- there's no treatment or procedure that can fix it quicker.

While Roethlisberger will miss Sunday night's game, running back Rashard Mendenhall will return and will start against Baltimore.

And safety Ryan Clark, who has suffered two concussions in the last three weeks, told ESPN that he will wear a special helmet which is one size bigger than usual and packed with bullet-proof Kevlar against the Ravens.

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8648415/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-likely-3-weeks-source[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

We will be 3-0. Ben will come back and lead us to number 7 (symbolic). I hate how Roethlisberger is the only qb or player to not downplay his injuries. He always tells exactly whats wrong with him. Id rather he take the Bellicheat stance and not give so much information

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll take 3 weeks. I'd like to see them go 3-0, but could see them winning tonight and in Cleveland next week and then losing in Balt. I wont complain if this is what happens and Ben is back when we take on San Diego.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The Ravens are weak. The Cowboys ran all over them and they are a finesse bunch. We will do the same and lefty will beat them with the playaction. Why is everyone worried about the Ravens????

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    We will be 3-0. Ben will come back and lead us to number 7 (symbolic). I hate how Roethlisberger is the only qb or player to not downplay his injuries. He always tells exactly whats wrong with him. Id rather he take the Bellicheat stance and not give so much information

Ben hasn't told anyone exactly what's wrong with him when it comes to on field injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelreal View Post
    The Ravens are weak. The Cowboys ran all over them and they are a finesse bunch. We will do the same and lefty will beat them with the playaction. Why is everyone worried about the Ravens????
    Nothing wrong with being confident... but there is also nothing wrong with being realistic and worrying about how to beat an arch rival without your franchise QB.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ben hasn't told anyone exactly what's wrong with him when it comes to on field injuries.
    He hasnt? He has a history of that. Cowher even exposed him and said he didnt have said injury. What about the shoulder injury before the season started? Just dont say anything.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nothing wrong with being confident... but there is also nothing wrong with being realistic and worrying about how to beat an arch rival without your franchise QB.
    The reality is he is hurt. So. Move on just like we did when Polamalu or anyone else is hurt. Next man up. No one man makes the Steelers. If I'm wrong, then that man is Troy. The stats bear that to be semi true

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben is only going to be out 3 weeks, he's being a drama queen again talking about his injury. If it's as bad as he claims, it need to fully heal or will threaten his life. And that's a minimum of 6 weeks.

Ben could have went down as the toughest guy to ever lace em up. But instead he chose to go dramatic.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Hey wait a second. I cant remember a tougher QB than Ben. Ben WANTS people to know he is tough so he embellishes a little on his injuries. But I honestly cant remember a tougher son of a gun than Ben Roethlisberger at QB. I dont think its even close. I'm still drawing blanks trying to pick someone tougher.