Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Byron Will Be OK

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Sorry but the only QB in that list that Byron might be as good as is Weeden. Otherwise, all the others are better than him and some are far better than him.

None of those games are gimme's with Ben. With Byron, we have to hope our run game stays very solid and our D holds all of them to low scores.

Hopefully the team will really rally in support of injured Ben and backup Byron or it could get really ugly, quick.
    Nah...I would take Weeden over Lefty.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I might have as well...until I heard Weeden's post-bye press conference...

Dude didn't sound like a leader at all...

Legend

User Info Menu

I have to admit - when I first looked at the title of this thread; I thought "Who is Byron Will"...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I have to admit - when I first looked at the title of this thread; I thought "Who is Byron Will"...
    Byron Will is the guy I wish we had instead of Byron Leftwich.

I jest...while I'm not crazy about the idea of life without Ben...Lefty should be an adequate fill in.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    It's time to see how good our defense really is. I think Byron's offense can put up 17 pts/game ...its up to our defense to put up less.

That would make us the #29 scoring Offense in football.

Right now we're the #18 scoring Offense.

If Byron can just be average, he might be able to improve our scoring output and get us over 23 points a game.

Legend

User Info Menu

When they asked Byron if he can win a SuperBowl after Ben went down, Byron looked cool as a cucumber. He's not Ben, but we all know that including him. He'll make plays. He's a pro. He knows the standard is the standard.

I'm with Tomlin. The standard is the SuperBowl. Byron's the next man up and he can take us there if need be.

There's less pressure on Byron than any of these other QBs. He'll be fine. He'll do his job. I believe in him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Our run game is not independent of our passing game. It was the need to defend Ben that let Redman, Dwyer, et al. excel.

I'd expect the box to be loaded against us on just about every play, until Lefty/Batch show they can hit our guys downfield. If we can't, then we will have one mighty tired D.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    This thread is funny. I've been watching football for almost 40 years and have never seen two QBs step on the field together to face off one-on-one. Byron has to be able to direct the Steelers offense against the other team's D. Romo, Rivers et al have to direct their offenses against the Steelers D. Of all of the matchups there will be, nowhere is it a challenge of QB vs. QB. If football was always about a head to head matchups between QBs there would be more undefeated teams in the history of the league.
    This... it comes down to how well the other QB's perform against our D. Every time Ben goes down fans scream it's over... and more times than not we hold our own until he returns.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wouldn't.. Weeden is the same age isn't he? LOL...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I'd expect the box to be loaded against us on just about every play, until Lefty/Batch show they can hit our guys downfield. If we can't, then we will have one mighty tired D.
    This would be great. It's not like Byron can't throw.

With 8 or 9 in the box, that leaves 2-3 guys to cover Wally, Manny, and Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath. I'll gladly take that and I bet the Steelers will too.

In fact, I would be surprised if Haley doesn't let Byron pass more on 1st downs to try to make it easier and avoid 3rd and longs.