Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 Weeks

Hybrid View

Legend

6 Weeks

That's how long a dislocated rib takes to heal. And I just heard that it has to be fully healed before he can play.

That leaves 1 tune up game to get ready for the playoffs.

Legend
    I don't think we see Ben until the play offs. Injury is too risking until the xrays show the bone fully healed. Sucks this happens when he is having the best season of his career, but it illustrates why Haley is trying to call plays to keep him safe...we're screwed without him.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2 years in a row he suffers major injury trying to make a play when the pass rush is BEHIND him.

Ben's got to learn that once the pass rush is behind him he's a sitting duck and needs to get down or throw.

I say he misses 2 games.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    You are forgetting the 'tough hombre' part of Roethlisberger. 2 weeks max, here's betting 1 week & then some super-special kevlar vest to protect him going forward.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend
    They were saying he can't play until it fully heals. It's not a pain issue. It's a pressing into his aorta issue.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You are forgetting the 'tough hombre' part of Roethlisberger. 2 weeks max, here's betting 1 week & then some super-special kevlar vest to protect him going forward.

In the past, I would have agreed with you. He's now family-man-Ben and won't be as reckless with his life.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    In the past, I would have agreed with you. He's now family-man-Ben and won't be as reckless with his life.
    His past injuries were football threatening not life threatening. They won't rush him back until he is 100% healed.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

You all are nuts, the Steelers are 6-3 and have been playing with injuries to key components of this team for the past 2 years. This isn't new to them and while you may think that Mike Tomlin's creed of "next man up" is hyperbole this team has been winning games with this mentality. I will be completely shocked to see this team fail to make the playoffs with or without Ben. Other teams have to win a lot of games to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs at this point. The Steelers are two games up in the loss column to the #7 ranked team in the AFC.

Geesh, man, didn't any of you play any sport and have to get through a little adversity to win games? Moving up in the draft, screw the draft it will be there in April, it's now the middle of November and the Steelers are in the thick of the hunt. Good God folks, man up a little (sorry to all the ladies that participate on the board) and cheer for the team, they will be in the playoffs.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    His past injuries were football threatening not life threatening. They won't rush him back until he is 100% healed.
    He was reckless with his life riding a motorcycle without a helmet and his accident on that bike WAS life threatening. He said he could've died and he was lucky that an EMT quickly noticed the massive amount of blood that he was swallowing into his stomach.

But my point is that he now has a lot more to think about in making a decision on when/how fast to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I say he misses 2 games.
    I'll split the difference and say 4 weeks.