Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 Weeks

Backup

User Info Menu

Uh, if he can't play for six weeks, then let's not treat the playoffs like a foregone conclusion, OK?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Uh, if he can't play for six weeks, then let's not treat the playoffs like a foregone conclusion, OK?
    Exactly.

On the bright side, there's a good chance we move up into the top half of the draft...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Dude is already part cyborg from his wreck. Screw it back together with a titanium bracket & let's rock n' roll!
    hilarity! this is almost as funny as the INDIAN speak comment you left last week.. keep em' coming..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Exactly.

On the bright side, there's a good chance we move up into the top half of the draft...
    Honestly, at this point, I'm prepared for the Steelers not to play in January. Two of their top three draft picks are on IR, and nine different starters have missed at least one game this season. The 2012 Steelers are basically the 2011 Bears: a playoff-caliber team wrecked by serious injuries to key players.

Part of me would actually prefer that they not make the playoffs simply because it'd improve their draft position during an off-season in which there's bound to be more turnover on defense. There's plenty of great talent even in the mid-teens. (Remember that the Steelers drafted Troy Polamalu at #16.)

Higher draft position would enable a more thorough reloading of the defense, and a healthy David DeCastro and Sean Spence should make the Steelers better on both sides of the ball in 2013.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Honestly, at this point, I'm prepared for the Steelers not to play in January. Two of their top three draft picks are on IR, and nine different starters have missed at least one game this season. The 2012 Steelers are basically the 2011 Bears: a playoff-caliber team wrecked by serious injuries to key players.

Part of me would actually prefer that they not make the playoffs simply because it'd improve their draft position during an off-season in which there's bound to be more turnover on defense. There's plenty of great talent even in the mid-teens. (Remember that the Steelers drafted Troy Polamalu at #16.)

Higher draft position would enable a more thorough reloading of the defense, and a healthy David DeCastro and Sean Spence should make the Steelers better on both sides of the ball in 2013.
    I always want them in the play offs because any team can catch "lightning in the bottle" for 5 weeks (see the Giants recent Super Bowl runs). However, I do agree with the general tenor of your comments that this is major hill to climb in front of us. I really don't expect to see Ben back until the play off if at all. I'm not sure Leftwich can win 4 of the next 7 games but we will find out if there is any hope this Sunday night.

As far as Spence, I'm far less optimistic than you are. Multiple ligaments is a real severe injury. If he can ever come back with the abilities he had before the injury I think it won't be until 2014.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    You are forgetting the 'tough hombre' part of Roethlisberger. 2 weeks max, here's betting 1 week & then some super-special kevlar vest to protect him going forward.

In the past, I would have agreed with you. He's now family-man-Ben and won't be as reckless with his life.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    In the past, I would have agreed with you. He's now family-man-Ben and won't be as reckless with his life.
    His past injuries were football threatening not life threatening. They won't rush him back until he is 100% healed.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

You all are nuts, the Steelers are 6-3 and have been playing with injuries to key components of this team for the past 2 years. This isn't new to them and while you may think that Mike Tomlin's creed of "next man up" is hyperbole this team has been winning games with this mentality. I will be completely shocked to see this team fail to make the playoffs with or without Ben. Other teams have to win a lot of games to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs at this point. The Steelers are two games up in the loss column to the #7 ranked team in the AFC.

Geesh, man, didn't any of you play any sport and have to get through a little adversity to win games? Moving up in the draft, screw the draft it will be there in April, it's now the middle of November and the Steelers are in the thick of the hunt. Good God folks, man up a little (sorry to all the ladies that participate on the board) and cheer for the team, they will be in the playoffs.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You all are nuts, the Steelers are 6-3 and have been playing with injuries to key components of this team for the past 2 years. This isn't new to them and while you may think that Mike Tomlin's creed of "next man up" is hyperbole this team has been winning games with this mentality. I will be completely shocked to see this team fail to make the playoffs with or without Ben. Other teams have to win a lot of games to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs at this point. The Steelers are two games up in the loss column to the #7 ranked team in the AFC.

Geesh, man, didn't any of you play any sport and have to get through a little adversity to win games? Moving up in the draft, screw the draft it will be there in April, it's now the middle of November and the Steelers are in the thick of the hunt. Good God folks, man up a little (sorry to all the ladies that participate on the board) and cheer for the team, they will be in the playoffs.

Pappy
    LOL-

I couldn't agree more. No, many of them on here just play that Wii or Playstation Football Game and think they know it all.

Isn't the #7 seed like 4-5? Anyway, Ben will be back sooner rather than later.. We all gonna take bets on this now? I say 2-3 weeks. Although, I would rather him not play in the Away Ravens game on that surface. So, maybe he waits until the week after the 2nd Ravens game??
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Easy, Pap. It's like one or two guys saying we don't make the playoffs in this thread.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.